22" A. Zildjian Medium Ride and 20" K Ride (video)

Beautiful cymbals man, I happen to own a 20" K Ride and a 24" A Medium Ride too, haha, pretty close. Yours seem to sound much mellower than mine though, and crash better.

Cool vid, thanks for sharing.

Beautiful cymbals man, I happen to own a 20" K Ride and a 24" A Medium Ride too, haha, pretty close. Yours seem to sound much mellower than mine though, and crash better.

Cool vid, thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! I'm using wood tip sticks and probably hit a little lighter than most folk?

Also, notice how my 20" K Ride is lower in pitch than the new 22" A Medium Ride. That's the opposite of what I expected? (not complaining at all, though)

Also, notice how my 20" K Ride is lower in pitch than the new 22" A Medium Ride. That's the opposite of what I expected? (not complaining at all, though)
Ks have low profiles and A Mediums have high profiles so that alone will account for the pitch difference, despite the the larger size of the A. I think the A sounds great.

Those both sound great. You're right, the medium is a good contrast to the K. You should be able to cover alot of ground those two cymbals. Congrats!

Ks have low profiles and A Mediums have high profiles so that alone will account for the pitch difference, despite the the larger size of the A. I think the A sounds great.

Ah... I always assume bigger diameter, lower pitch. I'm not as familiar with the profile differences. Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Those both sound great. You're right, the medium is a good contrast to the K. You should be able to cover alot of ground those two cymbals. Congrats!

Thank you Bo! I'm a big boy and can make up my own mind, but it's still nice to have a few folks confirm my thoughts. :)

My initial thoughts after only 2 days of ownership and several hours of playing is that this 22" Medium Ride is ridiculously good. I had second thoughts for only a short while and I guess that was just getting used to the sounds and feel.

But yeah, there are so many different tones available on this cymbal that it's crazy. Very fun! I'm playing a gig tonight and plan to use the new ride. I'll report back at some point in the future with further thoughts.

So far, so good! I'm digging it bigtime!

Back