My tama swingstar

Tank322

hey guys whats up i got some pictures of my 5 piece tama swingstar and i said whatever might as well post em up. its standard sizes so i think its
5 x 14 Snare
9 x 12 Rack Tom
10 x 13 Rack Tom
16 x 16 floor Tom
22 x 18 Bass Drum
and i also have a Gibraltar intruder direct drive double bass pedal coming in soon
i just have the two cymbals that came with the kit im looking into getting some better cymbals soon, but first i need new heads im either going remo pinstripe or evans ec2 idk if you guys can help id appreciate it, i no its just a beginner drumset but i wanted to post it know so i can see the progress of my drumset over the next year or so
102_2368.jpg

102_2369.jpg

102_2371.jpg

102_2372.jpg

kit looks good, not a bad 'starter kit' at all, your on the right track upgrading heads first then cymbals - good heads and tuning are half the battle!
one thing i would say is set up your rack toms a little 'flatter' - a sharp angle like that will increase damage from your sticks making an agressive stroke against the heads, myself i'm a heavy hitter and i find i can actually lay into the toms harder when their near flat :)
and no, don't leave it - the bass drum spurs angle forward - towards the reso head.
good drumming!

kit looks good, not a bad 'starter kit' at all, your on the right track upgrading heads first then cymbals - good heads and tuning are half the battle!
one thing i would say is set up your rack toms a little 'flatter' - a sharp angle like that will increase damage from your sticks making an agressive stroke against the heads, myself i'm a heavy hitter and i find i can actually lay into the toms harder when their near flat :)
and no, don't leave it - the bass drum spurs angle forward - towards the reso head.
good drumming!

ok ill try to adjust them a little because i too am a heavy hitter and i switched the spurs

Ive got one of them as my first kit im gonna upgrade soon but it has surved me well for the past years but i have made lots of aditions to it and changed skins many a time ive got the remo weatherking pinstripes and.....there good !!! defenatly change skins but other wise great choice for a first kit !!!

good luck with the drumming !

Ive got one of them as my first kit im gonna upgrade soon but it has surved me well for the past years but i have made lots of aditions to it and changed skins many a time ive got the remo weatherking pinstripes and.....there good !!! defenatly change skins but other wise great choice for a first kit !!!

good luck with the drumming !

thanks i was actually looking into the ebony pinstripes i might be picking them up soon and btw guys i just turned this kit into a four piece im going to experiment if i like it better and i decide im gonna keep it im gonna post up some pictures

i just wanted you guys to know i changed my kit to a four piece because i played my friends four piece and i just like the setup better i post up some pics tomorrow

guys i have a quick question what drum head is better for my toms ebony pinstripe or remo ebony ambassadors

Last edited:
Pinstripes will be a lot more durable and last a hell of a lot longer than the Ambassadors. Put the black Ambassadors on the bottoms. It's a good combo.

Back