New kit....don't know why though

johnwesley

Silver Member
I posted this from Craigslist last week when it was $175. Then because I though it was so cool, I offered 125. Guy called back and said I could take 'em for $100. His wife wanted them out of the living room. So I bought 'em. Converted 16x16 floor tom. 12" rack and a 13" rack converted to floor tom, with a great sounding snare. Finish is really cool, though just a wrap. Now I don't know what to do with them. Maybe sell them. Thought you might like to see.....(the biker patch on bass drum is from an organization I formed to fundraise for alcohol and drug addicts)....anyway...the brand is unknown, but the shells look to me like 6 ply maple and the lugs and hoops are in great shape.

Attachments

• jazz bop 006.jpg
    jazz bop 006.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 281
  • jazz bop 009.jpg
    jazz bop 009.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 264
  • jazz bop 005.jpg
    jazz bop 005.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 259
  • jazz bop 004.jpg
    jazz bop 004.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 264
  • jazz bop 012.jpg
    jazz bop 012.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 267
Cool little kit. Does one really need a reason to buy a kit? You saw it and you must have seen something that you liked about it in order to buy it.
It shouldn't be any more complicated than that.
Enjoy the drums :)

Not sure what happened to the bass drum that obviously was part of the kit, but went ahead and put new heads on the toms and batter side on the floor tom "bass". She sounds pretty good.

You know, WildBill, that donation idea is a good one. 'specially since I'm running outta room in my studio. I will play them for a while for kicks and a change from the monster I've been pounding.

Back