Accuracy

voldak

Does anyone have any recommended exercises or books for accuracy?

After my most recent head changes, I notice that my accuracy isn't as tight as I want it to be. Ideally, I would have a small portion in the middle of the head that I would always hit, but some of my strokes on faster fills are a little disheartening.

Does anyone have any recommended exercises or books for accuracy?

After my most recent head changes, I notice that my accuracy isn't as tight as I want it to be. Ideally, I would have a small portion in the middle of the head that I would always hit, but some of my strokes on faster fills are a little disheartening.

I would imagine that using one of those really small practice pads would help. I remember watching videos of a guy doing rudiments on 3 inch practice pads to help his accuracy.

Put a small piece of tape in the middle of your batter heads.......aim to hit it everytime. Keep practicing until your hands just naturally fall into a position where you will hit the centre of the drum head.

Hand-eye coordination is one of those things that will be developed by doing repetatively. It is not really something you'll learn by reading a book.

Put a small piece of tape in the middle of your batter heads.......aim to hit it everytime. Keep practicing until your hands just naturally fall into a position where you will hit the centre of the drum head.

Hand-eye coordination is one of those things that will be developed by doing repetatively. It is not really something you'll learn by reading a book.

I was going to suggest the same type of thing. It's like those urinals that have a fly painted on them to help you aim. ;-)

get a dry erase marker and something round....a CD a coffee mug....whatever

trace it in the center of every drum

commence routines around the drums until there are little to no marks outside the circle

Back