Rediculously Massive Drum Kits

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I thought there was a thread on this but I can't find it. Anyhow, I thought it'd be fun to start a new one. I recently scaled down to a 4pc from a 6pc (biggest I could ever think of playing) - which got me thinking about the kits I'd see as a kid in the 80's, w/ several kicks, too many toms to count, and enough bronze to be visible from the international space station.

I'll start w/ the most obvious one I could think of...Terry Bozzio...

Attachments

• TerryBozziosDrums300.jpg
    TerryBozziosDrums300.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 91,909
Carter Beauford's kit is pretty big in my book.

Attachments

• Carterbaeuforddunnett1.jpg
    Carterbaeuforddunnett1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 82,549
Carter Beauford's kit is pretty big in my book.

Wow that looks like an amazing kit to play. I love that set up! I don't think it's that huge either. Plus Beauford uses his whole kit creatively unlike some others with large kits. I'm pretty sure alex van Halen had a huge kit back in the day. Don't got a pic tho cause I don't know how to post them lol.

Wow that looks like an amazing kit to play. I love that set up! I don't think it's that huge either. Plus Beauford uses his whole kit creatively unlike some others with large kits. I'm pretty sure alex van Halen had a huge kit back in the day. Don't got a pic tho cause I don't know how to post them lol.

Yeah, he definitely had some of the biggest, most outrageous 80's kits out there

Attachments

• alexvanhalenkit1.jpg
    alexvanhalenkit1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 55,143
  • alexvanhalenkit2.jpg
    alexvanhalenkit2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 59,216
I wish I had a picture to put up, but Gregg Bissonette's Eat'em N Smile tour Yamaha's were one of the biggest kit's of the 80'. Unique looking finish also. One of a kind. Now owned by a Drummerworld member. Sadly its not me ;(

...who?200000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Anders from HammerFall:

img_0979.jpg

Yammie catalog:

Hugekit.jpg

big-drum-set.jpg

everything plus the kitchen sink (bottom left)

Nicko McBrain's kit is huge too.

Attachments

• NickoMcBrain3.jpg
    NickoMcBrain3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 55,035
Back