Any other young people on here? i feel like a baby

tacobelle

I think i already introduced myself on another thread, but whatever

i'm samantha, and i'm a sixteen year old trashcan from new hampshire!

i love a lot of different kinds of music but i mostly listen to stuff that can be filed under the broad umbrella of rock... also electronic too i guess.. i really love Tame Impala and too much more to list

i started drumming a year ago, so i'm still pretty new

i play a super bitchin ludwig kit that i bought secondhand from my friend

ANYWAY

i wanna make friends, so, if you're like kinda my age i guess, feel free to introduce yourself/ add me as a friend?? talk about what got you into drumming/???

hey guys! that's really cool, its nice to meet all of you!

I'm 18 so that makes me the cool kid and also I guess I have to start smoking cigarettes now.

I was in percussion at school, my dad bought a kit, and I just started playing and developed pretty well. I played a lot of Rock Band too. Now I take drumming Too Seriously and am going off to college to major in Computer Science and Composition. Nice to meet you all, and hey, if you want to follow me on twitter, it's probably a bad idea, but I'll let you. ★~(◡‿◕✿)

I'm 14 and only got a drum set about 5 months ago. I've been playing on drum sets for about 9 months. I joined the school band in 7th grade and did percussion. When I came to the high school I finally saw and heard a drum set for the first time in my life and I've been attached ever since.

I'm 18 so that makes me the cool kid and also I guess I have to start smoking cigarettes now.

I was in percussion at school, my dad bought a kit, and I just started playing and developed pretty well. I played a lot of Rock Band too. Now I take drumming Too Seriously and am going off to college to major in Computer Science and Composition. Nice to meet you all, and hey, if you want to follow me on twitter, it's probably a bad idea, but I'll let you. ★~(◡‿◕✿)

Where in Texas are you at? We need to hang out if possible... We have a lot in common.

I'm in north austin, near the domain... So yeah, we definitely need to get together, haha.

I think I signed up when I was seventeen, but I'm not long turned 18! Started drumming at fifteen though. Surprised there are so many younger people here!

I joined less than a week before my eighteenth birthday last year, and I have been playing the drums for three years, since my sophomore year of high school when I was fifteen. Don't let your age make you feel alone. In all honesty, I would have started playing and posting on this forum years earlier, had I known I would love the drums as much as I do.

hey good to see all you youngins. keep posting!
don't mind some of the older curmudgeons on here, they mean well.
(you'll have to look up curmudgeons)

ya, I'm old-er

My 20th was a couple days ago, so I feel like I missed the boat on this hip teenager thread. I assure you that I'm as mature as a middle schooler, though. But don't tell anyone else; I have been trying to come off as worldly and experienced in the ways of the drums.

I joined percussion in 5th grade because I knew the drums are where it's at. And I finally got my first kit when I was 14.

Go buy yourself a nice cigar. After that, one drag off a crappy Marlboro should keep you well away from cigarettes for a long time. And all the real cool kids started smoking before it was legal.

Back