Jojo Mayers bass drum technique

This is the first time I see Jojo's foot technique. It isn't quite the same as Steve Smith's approach, is it?

It's a constant release, indeed like what Steve Smith does.
He uses his own spin on heel toe (it looks almost exactly like heel toe), but it is actually Knee-Toe.

can anyone tell me how to develop this? i am willing to spend a year to figure this out.

Blink44,
Jojo mayer is using mostly normal heel up methode with normal singles and doubles strokes. You have to have a stable basic bass drum technique. Later expande your double stroke technique. Heel(knee) - toe is really a push-pull for foot. You just streamline the double strokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXY4fcvM3zI

Matt Ritter's DVD will be huge help too because it will teach you very good basics. I'm revising my own bass drum technique with this DVD :)

Blink44,
Jojo mayer is using mostly normal heel up methode with normal singles and doubles strokes. You have to have a stable basic bass drum technique. Later expande your double stroke technique. Heel(knee) - toe is really a push-pull for foot. You just streamline the double strokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXY4fcvM3zI
Yeah, that's one of the best videos about his feet technique so far! Old but good! He has added some new weapons to his technical arsenal but all in all it's all based on the free stroke it's modifications, hybrids and some Moeller motion stuff!

OH!
nearly forgot!
and by the way everyone, if you can be patient, you can learn this technique from the man himself in Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer: A Guide to Foot Technique

(ok that's just my guess on what it will be called)

but he'll start working on his next DVD as soon as he finishes his clinic tour :)

OH!
nearly forgot!
and by the way everyone, if you can be patient, you can learn this technique from the man himself in Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer: A Guide to Foot Technique

(ok that's just my guess on what it will be called)

but he'll start working on his next DVD as soon as he finishes his clinic tour :)

Is it rumor or info from safe sources ;) Now seriously, did he said that?
Anyway if he hasn't started the video yet, it can take quiet long time to get it to store shelves.

Anyway if he hasn't started the video yet, it can take quiet long time to get it to store shelves.
Jojo is going to do TWO more dvd's

the next one is about feet technique and the last one about music!

Safe sources :)

Yes, there have been a lot of rumors going around, but I asked him in person, and he confirmed my hopes :)

Yeah, my (optimistic) guess would be mid/late 2010

Back