Unix 13x6,5 maple/bubinga snare arrived!

I thought I was going to get shunned for tooling on my snare mat... :)

I am in a dilemma and need some help: Should I or should I not sell my old Superstar snare drum? I am probably never using it anymore...
Pros? Cons? Experiences, anyone?

I'd say don't sell it if you don't need the cash. You never know what you might need it for, and if you ever need some extra cash, you can sell it then.

I took the Unix gigging for the first time last thursday. The Unix did wonderful there!
The sound techs also agreed that it was a great snare sound :)

I bought a Puresound 12-strand equalizer snare mat; the one I originally wanted. I'll fit it onto the drum monday and I'll let everyone know how much difference it makes.

The puresound is something else! The actual sound it makes is only very slightly different - if at all - from the old snare mat, but the sensitivity characteristics are completely different. You can tune the puresound snare wires quite tight without losing sensitivity. I get snare buzz more easily with the puresound which calls for tighter tuning of the snare wires (I hate snare buzz), and thankfully this is possible without compromising sensitivity and clarity. I do gotta watch out not to tune it so tight that the bottom head hits the loose snare wires when I give it a good whack with the snares turned off.

Back