My new yamaha kit

412drummer

Had these around for a few weeks now but finally got them set up. No ride in the pics cause not all my stands are at my place and the one I have the floors mounted on would not be able to support the ride with them I don't think. I live in a very small house and have multiple kits in my room cause I bst pretty regularly so sorry for the clutter. All the pics are from the same angle pretty much and camera phone quality. Really liking this kit so far, it is yamaha absolute all the toms are maple and kick is birch but its all matching.

Attachments

• IMAG1025.jpg
    IMAG1025.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 657
  • IMAG1028.jpg
    IMAG1028.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 611
Love the finish. I was this close to getting an Absolute earlier this year. Yamaha no longer makes this line correct?

Love the finish. I was this close to getting an Absolute earlier this year. Yamaha no longer makes this line correct?

No..Yamaha still makes the Absolute line..the only thing they discontinued in this line was the nouveau lug..it's been replaced with the hook lug..same principle, slightly different lug...and they still produce the series with the original lug as well...

Thanks you for the comment I love the finish also, and as scorch whammin said they still make this line just different lugs. You can find the nouveau kits around sometimes though if you really want them but personally I find all three of the lugs to be about equal. Some people like the original better, not sure why though. You can find these kits Im pretty sure at all the big stores, along with other drum shops. Or of course you could order through yamaha, which is what the previous owner of this kit did to get it all matching with a birch kick.

Nice drums, but your rack toms look as if they are hanging dangerously close to the limit of the YESS mounts.

Dennis

Nice drums, but your rack toms look as if they are hanging dangerously close to the limit of the YESS mounts.

Dennis

They are the long arms that is why they look like that. They arms are actually as far in as they can go and touching the little pad yamaha puts on the drums. I ordered all long arms because I knew I wanted to mount from cymbal stand and still get my toms close together.

Beautiful... I love my Yammies... No kick I've heard beats it!

I'm loving them, the whole kit sounds great to me. I really love the toms take well to any head but I defiantly love the tom sound with a coated head is sound so open with no extra ringing or need for muffling. I do plan on eventaully getting some new heads for the kick and trying it with no pillow to try out a more open sound. Right now its the stock heads and small pillow and it sounds like a mix of punchy/and boomy which I like but I always like to experiment.

Beautiful kit! Of course, I'm now a little partial to Yammies :). Congrats!

They arms are actually as far in as they can go and touching the little pad yamaha puts on the drums.

Personally, I wouldn't let the arm touch the shell (or felt protective piece)..it will leave an impression (or worse) on your shell otherwise..my arms are barely visible thru the tom mount..just my 2 cents..

Personally, I wouldn't let the arm touch the shell (or felt protective piece)..it will leave an impression (or worse) on your shell otherwise..my arms are barely visible thru the tom mount..just my 2 cents..

I will move the arms slightly over a little then I was not aware it would leave a mark. Thanks for the heads up.

If you can get your hands on a piece of Auralex, double side tape it to the inside of your kick drum and the sound will kick ass.... Big time.

Back