DW Neil Peart snare collection

ozz

Hi All

I've not been on here for over 18 months, doesn't time fly?

First off, I'm not here to brag, but I am here to ask a genuine question.

I have five DW Neil Peart snares, I have the R30 Starman Edge, three Snakes and Arrows Connoisseurs and the latest Time Machine Connoisseur.

Is anyone aware of their being a similar collection?

A couple of pics of four of them as the Time Machine is in transit from my USA dealer.

SAM_0781-sm.jpg

IMG_8900sw.jpg

SAM_0777-sm.jpg

IMG_8903sw.jpg

Absolutely awesome.

You have to post pictures of the time-machine snare when that comes in. That one truly looks like it will be the most unique in terms of the lugs and finish.

If I had one (super-small) complaint, it would be in the choice of hardware color. I know the collectors drums are spec'd to match Neil's, but I think some of those snare would be even sharper with chrome or brushed hardware. maybe not the edge, unless they matched the shell too.

Nice!!

At NAMM, they were offering a "Neil Pert Collection" Essentially, what you have, but as a package deal, with a road case, for some obscene price.

My understanding is is at least one was indeed sold to a collector.

I really like the darkest Snakes and Arrows Snare. *looks up price, pukes*

Nice!!

At NAMM, they were offering a "Neil Pert Collection" Essentially, what you have, but as a package deal, with a road case, for some obscene price.

My understanding is is at least one was indeed sold to a collector.

$6,995.00

My local shop doesn't have a set yet but he did order 6 time machine snares as soon as DW released them.

Thanks for the kind words chaps. $6,995 is quite a price.

I got the drums over the last two and a half years. The first to be bought was the R30 Edge, I was on holiday(vacation) in Dayton Ohio, my ex-wife was born there, and we we're visiting her family and I walked into the local guitar centre hell bent on buying a snare, a Tico Torres in particular. I had no intention whatsoever of buying a Neil Peart R30 snare but I accidentally saw it after a lacklustre search for a Tico. I asked the price, calculated how much it was in GBP and knew I wouldn't get it cheaper anywhere else (if I could find one that is) and bought it there and then with an SKB case.

The next to come along was the lighter wood Snakes and Arrows Connosieur, a Maple with Walnut inlay, I picked that up from Thomann.de for £700.

The red Snakes and Arrows Connosieur is a really lovely story...............

I was looking through google at some drum pics and a red Snakes and Arrows was in the mix and it got me thinking if I could get one, so I did a search and found a link to an ebay auction that had finished a month beforehand but I still contacted the seller in the vain hope that he might still have the drum as the seller was a dealer out of Fresno. After a couple of emails, I got told a price and was asked if I wanted to buy one? ..................... ERM............... YES PLEASE!!!! So I paid the full amount incl postage which came to $950 and was told that it would be a bit of a wait. That was August last year and in the October I sent an enquiry email to the dealer who said "let me find out and I'll get back to you"

A couple of days past and then I received an email with a quote from one of the guys at DW.............. "I'm not sure what the hold-up is, but the drum is in with Louie at the moment so I'll chase him up......." I asked my dealer if the Louie in question was Louie Garcia, the guy who hand paints all of Neil Peart's drums and was told a simple "yes". Louie Garcia was painting MY DRUM??!!!! OMG I am not letting that drum out of my sight when it arrives, and less than a month later, it arrived and I just sat and marvelled at it for over an hour, it just humbled me.

The darker wood Connosieur is a Walnut with Sycamore inlay and I bought that off of Ebay for £450 (I don't think the seller knew what he was selling as it was at least £200 cheaper than I would expect.

After letting my dealer know that the red snare had arrived safely, he told me that he'd been allocated four Time Machine snares and that he was gonna keep one for himself and sell the other three. I asked if I could put a deposit down on one of the other three and he accepted immediately. I had the email two weeks ago saying the snares were in and he actually shipped it on the 14th, so it should arrive any minute.

My ex-wife was very understanding about my passion for snare drums and my new partner is just as understanding. So I've been lucky, but I suppose with no kids, and I don't drink, smoke or gamble, snares are my vice.

Very nice collection of snares. I have a nice collection of Peart Drum heads along with the r30 kit which there was only 30 kits made world wide.

Attachments

• 32469-thumb.jpg
    32469-thumb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 3,089
  • 32473-thumb.jpg
    32473-thumb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 3,046
  • 53656-thumb.jpg
    53656-thumb.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,057
  • 81413-thumb.jpg
    81413-thumb.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 3,064
Forgot to mention, DW includes the plexi case as seen in all the NAMM photos just to sweeten the deal. lol

Do they still sell the Starman Edge?

I'm not sure if you can pick up one brand new as they only made a limited number.

My Time Machine snare arrived last week and I could only sit there and stare for ages........

Attachments

• IMG_9099-sm.jpg
    IMG_9099-sm.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 5,595
I'm going to see them April 12. That snare is pretty awesome. I like the Gear Lugs.

Hi,
Just wanted to share my current collection of neil peart snare drums.

Attachments

• NP snares smll.jpg
    NP snares smll.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,335
Impressive collection :)

I'm now selling some of my Neil Peart's, sadly, as I'm clearing out the amount of drums I own to make space.

My innate sense of curiosity forces me to ask you Neil Peart collectors this question. Do you actually play these drums ? Actually gig with them or do you just have them for display and collection purposes ?

Back