Sonor S-classix > Walnut Roots vs. Black Silver Glass Glitter

what do you guys think of the gold glass finish?
I'm stuck between these 2 finishes, I know they are extremely different, however stuck.
I like the walnut roots for the class factor, but all my previous kits have always been a wood type finish, playing more now and like the sparkle, also the fact that the Gold Glass is a wrap kind of steers me towards the Walnut.
Feedback!!

Attachments

• tmp6740e.jpg
    tmp6740e.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,595
  • tmp63c38.jpg
    tmp63c38.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,606
Last edited:
what do you guys think of the gold glass finish?
I'm stuck between these 2 finishes, I know they are extremely different, however stuck.
I like the walnut roots for the class factor, but all my previous kits have always been a wood type finish, playing more now and like the sparkle, also the fact that the Gold Glass is a wrap kind of steers me towards the Walnut.
Feedback!!

I'm thinking the Gold glass, looks cool, and I'm kind of up for a change from the traditional wood finish...

I think some of those sparkles look cheap (all of them) and I would either go for the grained maple or walnut veneers also they will make sound slightly more individual as they are veneers

Sorry to revive the old thread. I am also trying to decide right now. I can buy this kit at a good price from Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/de/sonor_s_classix_stage_3_gold_oyster.htm

or there are a few kits left in the Walnut and Ebony. My thoughts were get this kit and have it recovered in another Delmar wrap:

http://stdrums.de/covering/Samples/USAnew/white ripple big.jpg

http://www.darkhorsepercussion.com/images/gallery/kits-8284/big/whiteripple_kit.jpg

Reasoning behind the wrap - for a gigging kit I wont mind it getting scratched up as much or general abuse from being in the road. The wrap is fairly inexpensive, OEM spec for a lot of big names including Sonor, and I think looks much better than most of the offerings for this line.

Since its a wrap I can go with any color but I thought this one in particular was simple enough to be nice and not as flashy as a glitter. Thoughts?

I actually kind of like that Sonor finish, but it is eye catching if you don't really want that.

I like the finish on the Dark Horse over the Tama.

Since the thread IS so old, my last post a couple down is accurate-- I DID get Black Glitter Glass, and it is awesome :)!!

No, I had one of my kits re-finished in BGG back in '10.

Shortly after you posted pics of your Sonor kit actually!!

Black Glitter Glass:

P1010444.jpg

P1010196.jpg

108skit.jpg

Great looking kit. The finish is awesome and I believe will stay awesome for a very long time. Some finishes you look at and like then in years your kinda eh!
But this is classy and rockin. Great in any setting.
Nice choice friend!

Yeah, it's a finish that looks really sweet in person. These pics kinda suck except for the side view.
I still love it as much as when I saw that the finish was actually BLACK and not any other tint. I was hooked!

I don't think I'd ever not like it.

I had an experienced friend do the wrap for me. He did a fantastic job.

Classic Maple with Mach Lugs.
Bass drum is custom by Precision Drum Co. to replicate Ludwig edge and interior finish.

The shell thickness is within 1mm of CM.

Back