DW Pricing/Price List?

daredrummer

Gold Member
Why does DW make it so hard to find a few prices without going to a drum shop (which might not even have what you're looking for) and getting a quote? No other companies do this...

Need a DW Price List,
Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Just one more question. Is the price you get from the quote on the kit builder the MSRP or the regular sale price?

Last edited:
Just multiply each drum by 1000 dollars and you will be in the ball park.

Yep I know what you mean. Yamaha canada is just as bad if not worse. None of their stores are allowed to advertise prices (high end stuff) it makes me sick to my stomach, its like they are above it all. And don't get me started about their customer service (canada) I've emailed them so many times and noone has responded, haaha! makes me laugh considering we are in a world recession, you'ld think they be chasing the buck. Lately I've noticed companies like Sonor creeping in to the Canadian market with their versatile set ups and such. Their website is informative and their dealers are quite aware of their products. Yamaha has their noses in the air, c'mon I've owned a high end Yammie, yeah it was nice but it was not all that. I'm just as happy if not happier with my Sonor force 3007.

Hey, I'm new to this forum (and have never actually used ANY forums before), but have been trying to sell my DW kit through ebay and craiglist. Do you guys know any sites or forums where I can do this? Or is there a forum within drummerworld where I can post info for these? I'm thinking I'll have more luck if I can use a site where people are interested specifically in DW. I'm finding that many interested on ebay are looking for cheap drums and they don't understand the value (and how much I paid) for the DW, so they want me to practically give them away! Thanks!

Last edited:
Manufactures do NOT set the sell price.

They set a suggested retail price, they may set a minimally advertised price, some might even set a suggested "street price" but the final price is up to each individual store.

It's no different than just about any other product in existence, being it gas, apples, or drums. The store sets the final price, not the maker.

Hey, I'm new to this forum (and have never actually used ANY forums before), but have been trying to sell my DW kit through ebay and craiglist. Do you guys know any sites or forums where I can do this? Or is there a forum within drummerworld where I can post info for these? I'm thinking I'll have more luck if I can use a site where people are interested specifically in DW. I'm finding that many interested on ebay are looking for cheap drums and they don't understand the value (and how much I paid) for the DW, so they want me to practically give them away! Thanks!

Ebay is still king.

I bought my DW kit thought ebay. Lots of people have had success buying and selling DW through ebay.

But the value of any item is NOT what you paid for it, it is what others are willing to pay for it right now.

With the poor economy, many people have sold off, or are trying to sell off, their drum kits, which has driven the price of used drums in general down. And ever since DW came out with the Performer model, the demand for collectors kits has subsided somewhat.

If you want some clarify, feel free to post pictures and a detailed description of what you have, what you're asking price is, and your location (as this an international forum) and people here will be more than willing help you out with telling you if your price is fair, or high, or whatever.

Veggo, If you think Canada is bad, try living down here in Oz.. Outrageous pricing and 3 to 6 month wait for anything.. I need some nuts for the tom holders, but they will only sell me the entire tom holder.. Mine are in gold and it will take them ages to get here. I've emailed a few stores in the states and they won't even respond to the emails once they find out you're not in the States..

Love my DW's though.. I haven't played my Recording Customs since the day I set up the 'dubs' for the first time.

Manufactures do NOT set the sell price.

It's no different than just about any other product in existence, being it gas, apples, or drums. The store sets the final price, not the maker.

A bit off topic but those bastards at the oil companies control the retail price of gas down to each corner of each block.

Veggo, If you think Canada is bad, try living down here in Oz.. Outrageous pricing and 3 to 6 month wait for anything.. I need some nuts for the tom holders, but they will only sell me the entire tom holder.. Mine are in gold and it will take them ages to get here. I've emailed a few stores in the states and they won't even respond to the emails once they find out you're not in the States..

Love my DW's though.. I haven't played my Recording Customs since the day I set up the 'dubs' for the first time.

I hear you, its too ridiculous. Maybe someone here at dw can help out the situation.
Start a post, its worth a try.

Maybe it has something to do with wanting to maintain the image of the brand and also protect the retailer's margin (from huge retail entities, sometimes selling online). I'm not really sure, but am very interested in this thread - great posts.

:)

Just multiply each drum by 1000 dollars and you will be in the ball park.

Hilarious. I was going to suggest taking the diameter of the drum and adding a couple zeros. But that might actually be the discounted price.

I bought my DW's back in the Keller shell era. Even back then with the relatively known cost of the shells it was impossible to get a hold of a DW price list.

Back