Tommy Aldridge Help

They look like Ludwigs to me. Remo emperor?

The drums are Ludwig. You can see the Ludwig logo on the rack tom.

The heads, Remo clear emperors are a good guess based on they are all clear heads, and appear to be a 2-ply head.

But I know Tommy used Evans for a while, and I suspect those are Evans heads in that clip.
Which model, who knows, because what Evans made in the 70's are different than their current line of heads.

Evans blue hydraulics...

Yep, he used Evans heads back then, and with Pat Travers on the Sonor kits too. Evans on the first Ozzy Sonor kits too.
I believe he went to Remo when he switched to Yamaha and they had the Pinstripes on the RC, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

The kit in this clip is my favorite kit he's used. The Black RC is second (--without the china's).

In the rear shots of his solo when it zooms in Look at the second floor tom's shell, you can see it's pretty clear doesn't look blue. Look closely at the rack and second floor tom. You can see the remo logo just below the mics.

stitch, cool kit but wrong team! lol Go FLYERS!

Evans blue hydraulics on those Ludwig drums. At one time in his career --mid 70's--he went to Sonors, then Yammerhammers since the early 80's. Been with Yamaha pretty much ever since. But that video is blue drumheads. I saw BOA in 73 so I saw a version of that solo. Very powerful and melodic. Tommy is one of the greatest show-rock drummers ever.

I think it's the blue kit and blue lights..with remo logos? lol Didn't he play Slingerland for a brief time?

Ok maybe not Slingerland.. Sorry bout that Tommy! lol
The rack is definitely clear. Just my opinion...lol

Back