We're not copying Travis Barker

Emmaticus00

I've seen a lot of the older guys say that the younger players are playing their toms flat to emulate Barker.

1. I play my toms flat

2. I have never seen Barker play and than change my tom angles

3. Flat toms do not lead to hand and wrist problems
if you do it right

4. Playing my toms flat is more comfortable than having them up high and angled.

I understand that some younger drummers might do that but it is not always the case.

Just because someone famous did something first does not mean that everybody that does it afterward is copying.

This is kinda extreme but lol. If Chad Smith breathes, does that mean that I'm copying him if I breathe too?

EA

I've seen a lot of the older guys say that the younger players are playing their toms flat to emulate Barker.

1. I play my toms flat

2. I have never seen Barker play and than change my tom angles

3. Flat toms do not lead to hand and wrist problems
if you do it right

4. Playing my toms flat is more comfortable than having them up high and angled.

Yup, I play my toms unbelievably flat and low too. Much better feel and consistency, especially with my Orbin or Sastry setups, than a bunch of angles.

There was nothing before Travis Barker.

In the beginning God created Travis Barker.....then he turned his attention towards heaven and earth.

The Ocean Collective's "The Origin of God" asks, "Who made your Architect?" I think we've found our answer. Travis Barker created God. So who created Travis Barker???

The Ocean Collective's "The Origin of God" asks, "Who made your Architect?" I think we've found our answer. Travis Barker created God. So who created Travis Barker???

He came from the egg.

52425336.jpg

Look at some pics from the 60's of Cream and Ginger Baker,and you'll see flat toms.Been there ,done that and I'll still angle my mounted tom slightly.Personal preferance.Most drummers angle their toms slightly.Deal with it.

Steve B

Many drummers like their toms flat...

Jack White

jwkit1.jpg

Carla Azar

13-tbi-jack-white-atlanta-10-09-2012-whaun-0045-300x200.jpg

Patrick Keeler

racont10.jpg

... like you Emma, they obviously copied Travis Barker :)

itswonderful that cymbal and tom angles are adjustable.
just think if they weren't... we would have less to talk about, and no 'tom angles' thread.

I like angled toms. They're great!!!!!

Attachments

• Angled toms.jpg
    Angled toms.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 972
I personally hate flat toms but people can set up however they like. To each their own.

Travis Barker gets way too much attention, good and bad.

Back