Thomas Lang's Creative Control

SharkyBait911

Hi Guys,

I got the BOOK of Thomas langs Creative Control the other day and ive been going though it and doing some of the exercises on it but i really dont know what to make of it, i dont know if i like it or not. This is the first book of its kind that ive got, other book ive got are like GE.2, kind of 'Encyclopidia's' of drum grooves but this is the first 'Technique' based book ive got so i have nothing to compare it against so,

Has anyone got it and what do you make of it, how does it compare to other books of it's sort?

Thanks,

Tris

Hey Tris, Do you have the DVD?

The dvd is amazing but I found it extremely intimidating at first.
Thomas moves at such an amazing speed through all the concepts that the dvd could have been twice as long and I think i still would have felt like everything rushed by.

I think of the book as a peek into Thomas' brain and a look at how he got his technique and co-ordination down but it isn't necessarily the easiest thing to use as study material.

Dave

Hey Tris, Do you have the DVD

No im afraid i dont, Is it worth getting?

I know we are off Thomas Lang now but what other book based on 'Technique' would you surgest getting, because i only got Creative Control because it was the only book id heard of on the shelf and there wasnt much other choice.

Thanks,

Tris

Hi Tris, yeah I would get the dvd. Get any material you can and then go get some more.

What technique are you looking to improve?

Bass drum? Hand?

If you let me know what particular things you are looking to work on then I should be able to suggest something as unfortunately there isn't one book for all techniques.

Cheers

Dave

Back