vintage bulb for home decoration

candylion

Hi, I wish to use some vintage bulbs for home decoration, but I'm not sure whether it will match the modern style of the house. Any ideas about it?

Are you kidding?

Firstly, your home is way too modern. And second, the bulbs are way too vintage.

I suggest you to find a little more middle ground between your eras and balance the two out.

I would recommend an LED filament bulb.

archipelago-vintage-antique-led-candelabra-buy-now_1024x1024.jpg

Vintage bulbs are too modern.

You need candles, ideally made with home rendered beef tallow.

Alternately, dispense with artificial lighting altogether. After all, if the Flying Spaghetti Monster had wanted us to read at night, he would have made the nights lighter.

Start out with one room. See how that works.​

Bulbs from the 60's and early 70's, from the "golden era" of bulbs are best.
Before the big four bought all of the smaller manufacturers to steal all their designs.

I love how your site manages to combine topics on a single page.

And I love the idea of picking up my light bulbs direct from the farm.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

I love how your site manages to combine topics on a single page.

And I love the idea of picking up my light bulbs direct from the farm.

I love how we're still yet to see a single drum related post.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

One of my favourite sayings.......although as it stands, I don't think I've ever used it on this site. Despite this forum providing the perfect vehicle for it on so many moments now, I usually reserve it for our IT staff at work.

We have two 60W Edison bulbs in our kitchen http://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Ele...descent-ST19-Light-Bulb-BP60ST19-RP/202245668 hanging from pendant fixtures and they provide enough light for most all occasions. Two 40W bulbs in the stove hood add more light above the cooking area, if needed.​

And here I was thinking you must have followed Jay out the door. Good to see you still around, H. Always good to hear from the old guard of forum stalwarts. Hope this finds both you and your Edison bulbs in good health.

And here I was thinking you must have followed Jay out the door. Good to see you still around, H. Always good to hear from the old guard of forum stalwarts. Hope this finds both you and your Edison bulbs in good health.
I tried to follow Jay, but he outran me, and I lost him in the hall. Me, the Edison bulbs, and my 3 ply Luddies, are fine.​

Attachments

• 1 resized.jpg
    1 resized.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 2 resized.jpg
    2 resized.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 202
I, personally, like the 3 filament bulbs from the late 50's and early 60's. Not the more modern 6, 7 or 8 filament bulbs. For the warmest light I recommend a 3 filament bulb with a tungsten/platinum/tungsten layup. The middle filament of platinum tones down some of the brightness when you first turn on the light and adds a lot of warmth and character to the room.

Is this the Home and Garden Channel Forum?

You really don't want to use vintage lightbulbs at todays kilowatt/hour prices :)
May I suggest a vintage looking lamp with modern bulbs.

I tried to follow Jay, but he outran me, and I lost him in the hall. Me, the Edison bulbs, and my 3 ply Luddies, are fine.​

Good too see both you and your 3 ply Luddies are still fighting fit, H.

Its kind of a game to see how long a non-drum topic can stay out of the Off Topic lounge.

Or how long a non-drummer can stay on a drum forum.

Thanks for your comments!

As noted by the responses, it's been our absolute pleasure. However,I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind returning the favour?

I'm thinking of buying a pair of these shoes (no, not those ones....these ones), but I tried them on and as it stands I just can't decide if the shoes are too small or if my feet are too big. Any ideas about it?

Back