(semi) new Paiste Alpha Hats

blackbyrd

After looking around I found a pretty good deal. In Guitar Center's used section I stumbled on the a set of 14' Paiste Alpha hats with a med bottom and rock top. ,... the steal..... they were $25 a piece......It was hard to believe so I called in and the only thing was a bit of mild oxidation. I had them ship them out to me and they got in today. After ten minutes of mild buffing and cleaning i got a good shine out of them. Put them on the stand and WOW what a great sound out of them. I have enclosed before and after pics.

wanted to pass it on
blackbyrd

Attachments

• IMG00002.jpg
    IMG00002.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG00003.jpg
    IMG00003.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 347
Yep. Great find. I don't quite know how Paiste do it, but their 'Mid' lines have always competed with their top lines.

yep the PST5s dont sound all that bad but i like the sound of the alpha's a little bit better. I would love a good set of thin sig crashes but cant afford it . anyway they are good cymbals and so far i enjoy them. will get to play with others tonight so i will give my official review LOL

Nice score. I'm waiting to score some sound edges of some sort.

thanks, they played great with a awesome chick to em

found some sound edges alpha for somewhere aound 125 but nothing like 50

I have a pair of the old Sound Edges laying around on my floor. I haven't used them in a good 2-3 years because they are so heavy compared to my other cymbals, they just won't blend with anything. But if I had a "rock set" of cymbals, preferably Paistes, they would be the bee's knees. Those things project, and if you get just a little air between the hats, they just explode. Perfect for rock.

Back