Tiki Cocktail set

Tiki kit is interesting and sounds great. I am checking out your Terra Sonus tracks. Totally digging it. Very interesting sound scapes. Keep it up.

Nice video DMC. What kind of camera did you use? Great picture quality. Are you a lefty, or did you just configure the cocktail kit that way?

Thank you about that. I am just getting into videoing.

I used a Kodak Play/Touch. It has a very good built-in mic but I used a Shure Beta 52 kick drum mic at the bottom and a Shure SM57 mic on the top, run through a Mackie 1202 mixer and then into the mic jack of the camera.

I play open, left hand hats and ride, right hand snare, so I set up the cocktail kit that way. A crossed player could put their hats on their right, near their ride, and play open as well. There is no hihat stand, just a bass drum pedal and you switch feet to play it to reduce fatigue, so there is no practical purpose in crossing the hands/sticks to play hats in a cocktail set.

I was watching your right hand and it appears that the stick is not up in the crotch of your thumb and forefinger like it's really loose. Am I seeing correctly.?

Back