Anyone try icanplaydrums.com?

S

Stu_Strib

Has anyone ever seen this website? Somehow I get emails enticing me to buy. Although most of the stuff seems a bit too easy for me, it does seem like a LOT of material for little money. I need help with ideas mostly, not technique or musicality.

Has anyone used this product? Does anyone know anything about Jack Bennett? He sounds Australian, so maybe you Aussies out there know him?

That seems pretty good to me, I only been playing for a month but those lessons seem pretty well detailed. I may look into getting this unless some guys have had a negative experience with it in the past. I like the way the fully explain how to play fool in the rain, if thats an indication of what the rest of the lessons are like then I think it's pretty good. Even though I am not doing triplets or 16th notes yet.

that webpage kinda looks like a get-rich-quick gimmick, but when you look at the videos, you can see that he's a genuine guy that knows what he's talking about. i like his style a lot.

hold-the-groove said:
that webpage kinda looks like a get-rich-quick gimmick, but when you look at the videos, you can see that he's a genuine guy that knows what he's talking about. i like his style a lot.

Well he sends emails all the time with samples. I think this guy really puts a lot into it with very little funds. I might dive in and get some of the stuff.

yeah, iv been getting those emails for a while now, they're quite good, he's an amazing drummer and the videos helped a lot

"icanplaydrums.com"

is there anybody ho tryed this "drumschool"? this Jack Bennet" can a trust him and send him a order of this curse?

I too am interested in plunking down the cash for his full course. His monthly vids are cool and he seems like just a nice guy, ya know? Anyway, if anyone does it before me...lemme know what the full monty is like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hopeing someone would bring this up. I too am in the same boat, ive been receiving the emails for quite some time now, and I really like the look of it. The features each month are good, some nice fill ideas etc and he demonstrates really well, and seems like a genuine guy.

However as hold-the-groove said, it does look a hell of a lot like a "get rich quick" website, especially with all the testimonials, which I usually just dismiss as being phoney, which is why I hold back.

However if someone can reassure me with good experiences of this then I may well also give it a go.

Count me in to...I was looking for some kind of reviews on it but couldn't find any...
I've just signed up for the free lessons which look pretty cool, at around £40 it'd be great value by the looks of things but if it is genuine why have such an awful website?
Its a similar layout to the onehandeddrumroll.com which looks equally dubious except there's more 'walking the walk' to it with the free lessons and clips etc.
I like the rest of us it seems am eagerly awaiting some positive feedback on this one.

I got it.
It depends what you are looking for, but I was looking for some more variety, and his lessons span over so many different genres, that I learned a lot of different grooves.
Jazz, Funk, whatever...
Also, you can chat with him every day, or call, or whatever if you have any questions or anything you want him to cover.

I kinda like it.
but again, I am not pro. he has been in Modern drummer a couple of times (I think, I have only seen it once).

He is skilled, and easy to understand...Its expensive, but I thought it was worth it.

I'm hoping to play basically fast rock. Is there a large rock section? Learning some latin or jazz/funk stuff would be cool enough, I guess. But is there enough on the ROCK to make it worth it's price? (what was the final $ tally, if ya don't mind me asking)

And how does this compare to other DVD's or Books out there? Cause I think this is much more expensive, no?

It means that you get 60 free lessons from the website to look at any time you want and that you get the emails. It looks like a pretty good program overall, but im still lookin for a total $ amount. Can anyone tell me how much it is to buy the CD?

Tempted myself, is that US dollars or AUS dollars? I thought the site said US, could be wrong tho.

Lowender, not been on lately, been rehearsing and recording alot, however soon as i get a chance we will put an email together to send to Mr Bennett.

okey dokey - or as they say round leeds, erkey derkey.

hi guys, im anton and ive been playing around 2 years. i bought the UDS course from icanplaydrums.com and ive found it really delivers. im mainly into rock and theres something like 350 videos on rock drumming so im having fun. plentyt of stuff on fills and other styles to,,, it was $97 US, not australin

lowender said:
okey dokey - or as they say round leeds, erkey derkey.

Oh man...THAT'S why I can't stand a friggin' thing people say around here!

Texas was bad, but the North Yorkshire stuff is killing me!

I got this month's installment, and I must say it is much too easy for me. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" broken down for me? Gee, thanks. Never would have figured that one out!

Back