Keith Carlock

Keith Carlock Website - Gear Giveaway: Yamaha/Zildjian/FMP/DW, etc...

Hi Guys!

KeithCarlock.com has just launched their 2006 Gear Giveaway!

Thanks to everyone at Yamaha, Zildjian, DW, Factory Metal Percussion,
RhythmTech, DrumFun.com, Regal Tip and Remo, we're pleased to announce
the start of our 2006 Gear Giveaway! If you're already subscribed to
Keith's newsletter, you're already entered!

For complete details, images and rules, please visit our Giveaway Page:
http://www.keithcarlock.com/giveaway2006.htm

Winners will be announced on September 5, 2006.

==================================================

Our Grand Prize Winner will receive each of these great items:

- A one-hour lesson with Keith in New York City

- Set of 5 Zildjian A CustomSeries Cymbals

- Yamaha Brass Picolo Snare Drum and Clickstation

- DW 9000-Series Bass Drum Pedal with Case, Hoodie and Baseball Cap

- Remo's Coated Ambassador Pro Pak, Remo T-shirt, Remo Baseball hat &
12 Remo stickers

- 12 Pairs of Keith's Signature Drumsticks from Regal Tip and Regal Tip
Stick Bag, T-Shirt, Baseball Cap, Lanyard and Keychain

- Factory Metal Percussion 10" Cross Crasherz and 10" Celtic Bell

- Laptop Practice pad with Case, a Skratcher, a set of 3 Canz, and
Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of "Turn It Up and Lay it Down" play along CDs from
RhythmTech and DrumFun.com

Nine runners-up will also receive some great gear.

Check out the Giveaway Page to view the various prize packages:

Thanks - hope you can stop by and enter!!
http://www.keithcarlock.com

Hi Guys!

Great comments on Keith here.. Very cool. If you are interested in talking to him, he routinely replies to messages on his board....

Here's some news that might be of interest - -

KeithCarlock.com has just launched their 2006 Gear Giveaway!

Thanks to everyone at Yamaha, Zildjian, DW, Factory Metal Percussion,
RhythmTech, DrumFun.com, Regal Tip and Remo, we're pleased to announce
the start of our 2006 Gear Giveaway! If you're already subscribed to
Keith's newsletter, you're already entered!

For complete details, images and rules, please visit our Giveaway Page:

Winners will be announced on September 5, 2006.

==================================================

Our Grand Prize Winner will receive each of these great items:

- A one-hour lesson with Keith in New York City

- Set of 5 Zildjian A CustomSeries Cymbals

- Yamaha Brass Picolo Snare Drum and Clickstation

- DW 9000-Series Bass Drum Pedal with Case, Hoodie and Baseball Cap

- Remo's Coated Ambassador Pro Pak, Remo T-shirt, Remo Baseball hat &
12 Remo stickers

- 12 Pairs of Keith's Signature Drumsticks from Regal Tip and Regal Tip
Stick Bag, T-Shirt, Baseball Cap, Lanyard and Keychain

- Factory Metal Percussion 10" Cross Crasherz and 10" Celtic Bell

- Laptop Practice pad with Case, a Skratcher, a set of 3 Canz, and
Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of "Turn It Up and Lay it Down" play along CDs from
RhythmTech and DrumFun.com

Nine runners-up will also receive some great gear.

Check out the Giveaway Page to view the various prize packages:

Thanks - hope you can stop by and enter!!
www.keithcarlock.com

Re: Keith Carlock Website - Gear Giveaway: Yamaha/Zildjian/FMP/DW, etc...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I am already entered and I want to keep the odds good. :)

Keith is also on the cover of a couple magazines this month, featured in several others including:

DrummerUK2006TH.jpg

JapanMay2006TH.jpg

BATTEURTh.jpg

This month's Modern Drummer has an interview with Donald Fagen on Steely Dan's drummers which has some nice comments about Keith too. Next month's MD has an update piece on Keith.

And in coming months, he's interviewed in:

- Rhythm Magazine (UK)
- Recording Magazine (USA)
- Bateristas Al Sur (Argentina)
- Traps Magazine (USA) [September's inaugural issue of a new drum magazine from the folks at DRUM!]

rickstevens9 said:
This month's Modern Drummer has an interview with Donald Fagen on Steely Dan's drummers which has some nice comments about Keith too. Next month's MD has an update piece on Keith.

Unfortunately, the update is really just one of those ask a pro questions, and its only concerning his gear! I would really love to read an actual interview of Keith, so maybe I should look into those other magazines, huh?

aahznightsky said:
Unfortunately, the update is really just one of those ask a pro questions, and its only concerning his gear! I would really love to read an actual interview of Keith, so maybe I should look into those other magazines, huh?

Are you sure? I was told that there was an actual interview in addition to the "Ask A Pro" thing, but I'll have to check...

The text from the DRUMMER UK interview will be on Keith's site soon...

And, of course, if you post a question on his message board, he's pretty good about replying...

RS

I saw him with Sting too. It is like fireworks when he plays a fill. Great use of the dynamics range.
I always thought the first qualification to play with Sting is you must own a splash cymbal. But he didn't :)

Yeah, I love Keith's playing. I was fortunate enough to attend a clinic he did a few months ago. He is a really down to earth guy who really hits very hard! I told my buddy he reminded me of a cross between Stewart Copeland and John Bohnam when he plays (visually). The clinic was more like a hang than a clinic and it was really a lot of fun. I'm going to see him playing with Steely Dan in August... can't wait!

Hi again -

I just checked and there is, as was mentioned above, an 'Ask A Pro' item in the upcoming Modern Drummer. There will be an update piece/interview with Keith, which I guess is in the August or September issue... it'll talk about his work and the 14-minute solo video on his site which has been downloaded over 250,000 times so far....

Also just heard that Keith has been named "Runner Up" in the Modern Drummers 2006 Readers Poll "All Around" category... right behind Vinnie!!

Rick
www.KeithCarlock.com

Hi Everyone -

Just a quick update on Keith Carlock & his website's gear giveaway...

He is about to go out on tour with Steely Dan (w/Michael McDonald), and was voted #2 Best All-Around in Modern Drummers Readers Poll... not too shabby!

The giveaway on his website is getting a lot of attention (thanks Bernhard for featuring it on the front of the site!) -

We've just added ten copies of the Modern Drummer Fest 2005 DVD to the prize collection...

There are interviews in various magazines inluding a cover story in Japan's RHYTHM & DRUMS, which contains 10+ pages of interviews, commentary, transcription and photos.

France's BATTEUR Magazine also ran a cover story on Keith. BATTEUR includes a bonus audio and video CD of Keith's 14-minute drum solo from the Toronto Drum Festival, which you can view on Keith's website's video page.

This month's DRUMMER (UK ) has a feature interview with Keith, "Mississippi To Manhattan," which discusses Keith's beginnings, his recording and touring with Sting, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, Wayne Krantz, Leni Stern and Oz Noy.

Also in print is last month's Modern Drummer with a feature on Donald Fagen commenting on thirty years of Steely Dan drummers. This month's issue has an "Ask the Pro" feature, and next month's issue will include an Artist Update piece with Keith.

In the coming months, Keith will be interviewed in the following publications:
- Rhythm Magazine (UK)
- Recording Magazine (USA)
- Bateristas Al Sur (Argentina)
- Traps Magazine (USA) [September's inaugural issue of a new drum magazine from the folks at DRUM!]

Anyway, thanks for reading and for the interest!

RS
www.KeithCarlock.com

I am surprised more people haven't commented on the SD tour. I guess that is a function of the average age of the forum posters and that SD mostly appeal to older folks/musicians/stoners and audiophiles! There was another thread (somewhere), which lasted about a day, abut the tour but really not very much comment>

The only reason I am surprised is that Keith's playing was phenomenal. It was all him and his pocket was so deep he was wallowing in the lint. His solos's were fantastic - never losing the groove - while consistently playing over the bar line. He has clearly become a favorite of Walt and Don and they indulge him more than any drummer I have seen play with SD.

So, if you saw the tour - am I wrong?

Paul

I saw them on labor day in St. Louis with michael mcdonald and it was great. Fagen is an absolute nut, too. I'm curious about Keith's technique, he seems to have some kinda finger thing going on his left hand, it would be interesting to see him in clinic.

I too think it is an age thing Paul.

I am 43 and grew up on both SD and the Doobies.

The show was as good as I have seen in a long time.

Greg

Keith Carlock is one of my favorite drummers. Hes a monster behind his kit. From what I hear he plays 7 1/2 x 10 and an 8 x 10 toms.

Back