Demon Drive Double pedals in action with Vruk

Do you like the demon drive? it seems a lot better than the ol' cobras...
(2:03 was epic!! Also, your doubles are VERY clean. But wouldn't that VRUK thing you have on your pedals be considered cheating in some way?)

Thank you! Actually this technique is more difficult for seasoned players that are used to the heel-up. You get two beats in one stroke. It smooths out the shuffle feel in making the strokes even.

I do enjoy these Demon Drive pedals very much so for the fact that I don't get any backlash on the return stroke.

Good video.

I still cry when I see bass drums stuffed with items, though. Let your bass drums breathe ;__;

Thank you!

Yes I also don't like to stuff the kick drum with stuff. For this recording only I needed to crank the batter just to med tension, reso to lowest tension point. For Live I use no muffling at all. This recording was going for a Metal kick sound and feel. I'm trying different recording methods which include batter head tension, muffling vs no muffling.

Thanks again!

sweet as man, ive got axis x's and vruks atm, the vruks are hard to get used to, but work wonders when yo get the feel of it aye :). Very impressive vid

Hey ZM,

You bastard! (I mean that in a NICE way!) Obviously, I'm kinda jealous...

Holy cow, killer speed and hella nice control. I'm guessing- about the 260-270 BPM range on those faster chops?

VERY nice work, man. Impressive as hell.

Cheers,
C. P.

Haha! thanks Concrete Pete! :)

Thank you! I believe I tracked the bpm at 240 but I'm not really sure. That tempo is my mid point to where I can keep the strokes strong and even. Took alot of practice and conditioning to get there. I want to get to 300 bpm consistently.

Thank you!

Last edited:
sweet as man, ive got axis x's and vruks atm, the vruks are hard to get used to, but work wonders when yo get the feel of it aye :). Very impressive vid

Thanks so much!

At first they do take time to adjust to your personal preferences. A lot of trial and error, but eventually you'll find a configuration that works for you.

Best regards,

Mike

Back