Some pics of my superstar

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Finally took some pics. figured I would post them here.

DSC_3060.jpg

DSC_3066.jpg

DSC_3067.jpg

Nice! I love Tama's! Cotton is right, You may want to flatten the toms a bit and slant the snare away from you slightly for better rim shots.

There's a thread hear some were, for Tom angles.

Nice kit.

I have been playing for 20 years and the tom angles have not changed. I sit very low, so getting over the rims of flatter toms is difficult. Besides, there is no real sonic difference between flat and angled toms, so I am not sure anything really needs to be fixed.

Take a look at the tom angles for Lars and Lombardo. Those are the guys I grew up trying to emulate, and I guess it has stuck in more ways than I had anticipated.

Thanks for the comments though. I appreciate you guys checking it out.

I have the same kit, same color!

But why would you go for the hyperdrives if your gonna set the toms at those angles?? Just curious... as a Lars fan I figure you would prefer power toms.

any reason for having such extreme angles on your toms? *actually reads through thread* ahhh.... ok. to each his own i guess. do you have any plans down the road for adding more toms Lombardo style?

kit looks great though, i love the hyper drive kits.

Cymbal Specs?

-Jonathan

I have the same kit, same color!

But why would you go for the hyperdrives if your gonna set the toms at those angles?? Just curious... as a Lars fan I figure you would prefer power toms.

I bought the hyperdrives because I got the floor model shell pack from the San Jose drum shop for $750 minus the snare. Too good of a deal to pass up. I was going to buy a used Starclassic Performer for about the same price, but to get basically a new kit seemed like the way to go.

Nice kit! I am a fan of the short stack toms! If you are comfortable with your set up, that is all that matters. I have heard that the remo Black Suede heads ugly up pretty fast. hmmmm?

Nice kit! I am a fan of the short stack toms! If you are comfortable with your set up, that is all that matters. I have heard that the remo Black Suede heads ugly up pretty fast. hmmmm?

I dont think they are any worse than any other coated Remo head. The heads that are on it are about 3 months oldand still sound good. Having my 10 year old beat on them doesnt help though. She is just learning and likes to hit them pretty hard.

I understand completely, can't pass up a good deal.

Cymbal specs? Looks like AA's all around with an A custom splash??

Tom angles, is each to his own, i am always changing my kit around.

Nice drums.

Back