Advice for studio please

ZeroZero

Hi there - let me say first I am not a drummer but am a musician. I have a studio in my flat and I need to put in a electronic kit. Now before I get flamed ( ;) ) I fully realise an acoustic kit is better, but Its a flat and the neighbour is not nice so I dont really have a choice. I already have BFD2 so this might help. Obviously sensitivity is important. I was thinknig about the Trap but read a lot of poor reviews. Maybe an Alesis?

I need advice from people who know

thanks

Zero

If you're looking top-of-the-line, the Roland TD-20 might do you nicely. Also, don't forget about Yamaha's DTXtreme3...another top of the line electronic kit. The downside? You'd have to smack down 5 G's for a kit.
If you're looking mid-line try a Roland TD-7 or TD-12 (it's more in between top-of-the-line and mid-line)

If you're looking top-of-the-line, the Roland TD-20 might do you nicely. Also, don't forget about Yamaha's DTXtreme3...another top of the line electronic kit. The downside? You'd have to smack down 5 G's for a kit.
If you're looking mid-line try a Roland TD-7 or TD-12 (it's more in between top-of-the-line and mid-line)

The TD-12 is a great kit. I'm looking at buying just the brain and a few pads myself to add to my acoustic kit.

If you have the Money, i'd get the DTXTREME by Yamaha. Cheaper than the TD20, better than the TD12. IMO, the best electronic kit money can buy.

If you have the Money, i'd get the DTXTREME by Yamaha. IMO, the best electronic kit money can buy.
I agree completely... I recently went searching for an E kit and the only one that felt halfway decent was the DTXTREME3, and it felt amazing... it honestly felt like a real kit (except for the kick, which took some getting used to)..

if you dont have the dime for something that extreme (set phasers on pun!) modern drummer just did a pretty good review of the Simmons SD9K kit that you can get off musiciansfriend for $999USD, dunno about the quality, but MD liked it.

if you dont have the dime for something that extreme (set phasers on pun!) modern drummer just did a pretty good review of the Simmons SD9K kit that you can get off musiciansfriend for $999USD, dunno about the quality, but MD liked it.

I don't think he lives in the US. Check spelling of "neighbour".

I don't think he lives in the US. Check spelling of "neighbour".
and plus the only people in north america who say 'flat' and arent british are douchebag hipsters haha

Back