The Douchiest Drummers of All Time

Weird article. We poor drummers are nowhere near a douchey as even an average-douchey lead singer. Adding Terry Bozzio shows that he has no idea of what Terry is doing and adding Animal from the Muppets is an insult for obvious reasons.

I wonder if that Lars video is real though? Because it is absolutely painful to watch.

#1 douchiest drummer....The guy who wrote that article.

+1 Totally uncalled for. Having a massive setup (Bozzio) or being a marginal drummer (Meg White) or showmanship or larger than life persona or drug addiction, etc., does not make someone a douche. Putting down successful drummers who he doesn't really know makes the author a douche.

Yeah that video of Lars is real, it is on some kind of monster. This is obviously the authors personal opinion.

It's just entertainment. I mean really, Animal? Ya gotta laugh.

Except at the 2 guys where it's actually true. :)

One of these drummers actively solicited pens to add to his pen collection in case his fans wanted to know what to buy him. He has earned this ignominy.

GJS

p.s. I collect old K's. If you have one to give to me, my collection will be at one.

One of these drummers actively solicited pens to add to his pen collection in case his fans wanted to know what to buy him. He has earned this ignominy.

GJS

p.s. I collect old K's. If you have one to give to me, my collection will be at one.

Problem is, Terry Bozzio has fans (deservedly so).

YOU are a nobody.

An here i was thinking when I saw Bozzio on the list, I thought the author was going to mention when he was working with Korn on their untitled album.

That article was a bunch of bollocks.

One of these drummers actively solicited pens to add to his pen collection in case his fans wanted to know what to buy him.

Now I know what to do with all these used Sharpies. Please tell me he/she collects other vintage used gear, like AA batteries

PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD, and save everyone from waisting 10 minutes of there life reading this. That by far was the stupidest thing ever written. Its like it came out of the Onion.
I read just a few seconds into that article and it was clear to me that it's totally pointless. But... some people feel the urge to create text - not necessarily something reasonable, just to throw it out on the net.

I think there's no need to remove this thread though. We're all grown up people, everybody can make up his/her own mind on this. So if you find out in no time that this article - and maybe even this thread, at least to some extent - is BS or a waste of time - simply ignore it. But thanks for the warning :)

As for Bozzio: As said by someone else, the size of a kit doesn't tell anything about the drummer's douchiness. And if he's a pen collector and the fans are ok with it - why bother? In the end, drummers are ordinary human beings. We can have our peculiarities - so why can't they?

The funny thing is that " douchiness" is now a word.

The funny thing is that " douchiness" is now a word.

The publication context is odd, too, given the sexist origins (and arguably, current usage) of the insult. Buzzfeed I can see, the VV not so much. But it's a pretty pervasive term these days with all kinds of variations ("bag" replaced with "cake" or "nozzle" or "hose," to name an unsanitary or painful few).

Already knew about Lars from Some Kind Of Monster. That's a must see. Can't say the same for the rest of the article.

Can we blame South Park for "douchiness"? Cartman and Stan are always saying it.

The author lost me straight away by including Terry and Meg. Why hassle other musos like that? Surely there are enough empty suits working against the arts without turning on each other.

With the exception of Travis Barker and Lars Ulrich, this is total balls. Lets be honest, Meg White was great. Why? Because she played what was perfect for the music and didn't over play like 90% of drummers I see today. Terry Bozzio also deserves credit for the fact that although he has that massive kit, he uses every part of it. Again, quite different from a lot of monster kit owners I see who hit that 8" tom once in an hour and a half gig. Steve Moore I would not call a douche as he didn't ask to be famous, nor did he even post the video. It just happened to him and he went along with it... how can you be a douche when something is totally out of your control? Got to be honest, never heard of Black Keys or there drummer, but after reading his very amusing wind of of Bieber, I like him. As for Phil Collins, I love him. I think he is a great musician, a great singer and a great composer. I can't give enough kudos to this guy. Can't say I ever heard of Steven Adler before so I can't pass comment on him. Animal is awesome, PERIOD. Tommy Lee I respect and not just because I read the heroine diaries. I actually find his solos to be engaging and entertaining in the right amounts. Yeah sometimes he has a bit too much self indulgence but nothing that makes me scream douche. I must admit I am surprised Joey Jordison wasn't mentioned in here for egomaniac and douche, but I think that is mostly down to a bad personal experience with him. All in all, I just wasted 10 minutes of my life going through what drivel that could be passed off as journalism to give my own report on the statements made in the "article". Now wheres my beer.

Back