Tempus ordered, payed in April- snare still not there

slingerlandfreak

hi Folks

I believed on the new Hype about Tempus drum Company and ordered from Paul Mason 13x5 snaredrum, payed 535bucks per paypal on 29april this Year and snare is still not here. Paul appologised few Times but in the end i have not Tracking number and snare seems not to arrive. I am extremely dissapointed and very angry on me because i ordered and payed whole amount of Cash to this Person . Advices please , thanks.

You could take your grievance to their FB page. At the very least you'll get an answer right away. Good luck, stay positive.

I just bought a great Tempus snare. They're great drums but after everything I have read about the company I will stick to purchasing them used.

Great snare though, I got to take mine for a test drive at practice last night. I'm loving the nice musical qualities that the rimshots have. I may have to tune it a little higher than I have it though, it wasn't carrying as much as I would have liked.

So i am really dissapointed and depressed Paul Mason decided to ignore me and After 5 months where i payed 535 Dollars in April 2014 , i still have not my snare drum
What a mistake i am really f...ed !!!
This is extremely saddening to hear. Communication is key, & even if a company has a difficulty for whatever reason, good communication with customers is always the route to keeping everything ticking along. Ignoring a customer is inexcusable in any situation.

Thank you Andy for your support!
I can not understand why?
At Last i started to Write him on the Facebook but he ignores me everytime...the First Bad expirience with drummer in my life, i dont know if there is any possible thing to do that i have my Money back, i sold my brady to buy tempus just to Experiment with new Sounds and now this happened ....i also ordered from USA used tempus drums from another seller and it is on its Way to me with Tracking Number etc...but PAUL just dont want to Send me this f.....g snare...o am really angry!!!

So guys do you know what exactly happened with tempus drum Company?
Maybe i dont know i readed about new come back for tempus and milestone etc but how can somebody make good Business with this art of Communication and not to shipp the Goods to Customer !?

That is odd.. did they say it was shipped or got lost in shipping? Do you have a tracking number?
I have a Tempus snare , bought used thru Kajiji.. Local is the only way I buy equipment..

It's a great snare full of character, great at different tunings, kind of the crack of metal but woody sounding. Hope you get it worked out!

So guys do you know what exactly happened with tempus drum Company?
Maybe i dont know i readed about new come back for tempus and milestone etc but how can somebody make good Business with this art of Communication and not to shipp the Goods to Customer !?

its called "habit"... you must have ignored the past 12 years or so

wishful thinking can do that sometimes

From Facebook where I asked a question:

Tempus Drums Hi Johnny,

No problem at all, no; he ordered a snare drum from me at the very beginning of May, I shipped it in early July, it went missing so I built a replacement and sent it along as well, a couple of weeks ago. As he and I exchanged e-mails on this subject only last week he knows full what the facts are.

He is frustrated, and I don't fault him for that, but he will soon doubtless have his snare drum, and it'll go, I imagine, very nicely with the Tempus drum set I'm told he also very recently purchased.

Many thanks for checking in.

Cheers,

Paul

From Facebook where I asked a question:

Tempus Drums Hi Johnny,

No problem at all, no; he ordered a snare drum from me at the very beginning of May, I shipped it in early July, it went missing so I built a replacement and sent it along as well, a couple of weeks ago. As he and I exchanged e-mails on this subject only last week he knows full what the facts are.

He is frustrated, and I don't fault him for that, but he will soon doubtless have his snare drum, and it'll go, I imagine, very nicely with the Tempus drum set I'm told he also very recently purchased.

Many thanks for checking in.

Cheers,

Paul
Thanks for this Grunt.

Slingerlandfreak, the reply from Tempus says you have exchanged emails, & that you are aware of the replacement shipping status. This is counter to your posts here where you suggest you've been ignored & that Tempus are not answering your messages. Which version is true please?

If the version from Tempus is correct, then your posts here have been short on detail to say the least, & I would suggest, misleading. This is not good.

I make no pronunciation on who's right or wrong here. My only observation is that communication is key to keeping things moving along nicely. If your requests for updates/information have not been replied to, then that's not conducive to good customer relations.

I know only too well how frustrating & potentially expensive it is for the builder to have goods go missing or damaged in shipping. It's difficult to claim the cost of replacement unless there was a specific insurance, & most customers aren't too interested in taking out such insurance. If Tempus have offered to send another drum, then communication expectations aside, that's a good service response right there.

Thank you gruntersdad and all guys , so i didnt Change anything, so First i want to say that it is the First Time to have such expirience with anybody , i was Long Time endorser of istanbul mehmet and ordered from them x Times , i ordered overseas many Times , some vintage drum Stuff - slingerland from Amsterdam , over the Ebay USA i bought 20x16, and some Short Stack toms 10,13,16 from one tempus user that tempus /Paul posted on this Facebook Site and it came to me without Problems , and many other orders without any Problems, but i can post whole damn Communication between Paul and me and you can make your conclusion Alone, i wanted to post some nice Review about this snare and whole drums because o followed the sound of tempus and sold my brady jarrah block to buy this snare , this is the Last thing i would do, i am radiologist and i have Money so o can live without 535dollars but i feel not good if somebody lies to me, he didnt gave me Tracking Number After many requests, so i dont believe on anything, also not on replacement until i havent here in my house, i wish you all not to have this experience and for me it is wrilly First Time

And yes he answered me many Weeks ago Last Time to say that i will become replacement but that was the Last Time and After that i asked him few Times about Tracking Number so he didnt answered and sorry this Shit is from April and it is almost 5 months from that Point and i am not guilty , so he can say what he says but i am really dissapointed

I thought Tempus went out of business 20 years ago. (?)

Found this on their FB page:

Tempus Drums
May 22
By way of clarification, some Q&A.

Q. What's happening with Tempus Drums these days?
A. It's still in transition; I still own the company but the shells/drums are now all being manufactured under the supervision of my old friend Bill Hibbs ( of Monolith Drums ) out in Toronto.

Q. You still have drums in Vancouver, right?
A. I have around 100 snare drum shells and other oddities here, yes; these I assemble and ship as and when they're ordered.

Q. How do I find out what you've got in stock?
A. I'm reconstructing a list of those items and should be able to post it soon; the old list disappeared when Facebook forced a page mutation on me a few weeks ago.

Q. How do I order newly built drums?
A. Simple; you can contact either Bill ( [email protected] ) or me ( [email protected] ) for all brand new custom orders.

Q. How long is the wait for a new drum/drum set?
A. Roughly the same as it always was; 12-16 weeks from receipt of deposit to the finished drums going into boxes.

Q. So it takes 12-16 weeks to build a Tempus drum?
A. Nope, it actually takes only a few days; it simply takes 10-14 weeks for any given order to reach the top of the production schedule.

Q. Can I still get T-shirts and bass drum heads with the Tempus/Milestone logo on them?
A. Yes, although available stock varies depending on demand/usage.

Basically, folks, this is a work in progress and something of an uphill battle; as you might well imagine it's not a simple task, after 18 months in hibernation, to re-start an operation like this. But we have good people involved, the new workshop is gradually getting up to speed, parts inventories are being replenished, orders are coming in ( which means that lost momentum is slowly being regained ) and are also starting to go out.

All in all an encouraging state of affairs.

PFM

And yes he answered me many Weeks ago Last Time to say that i will become replacement but that was the Last Time and After that i asked him few Times about Tracking Number so he didnt answered
Ok, that's good to know. Tempus says they sent you an email last week, you say it was many weeks ago, & have since not had requests for tracking number (presumably & understandably as proof of shipment) answered. It's clear that the communication train has broken down somewhere, & impossible for anyone outside of direct involvement to know what's really happening. That's a shame. I hope that your snare arrives. Please let us all know if you get confirmation of shipment, & if the snare arrives in the next week. If you get neither, then that tells us a lot. If the snare arrives, then it's over with, & you can move on :)

Sorry, FB page or not, this is a shameful situation. At least the man should acknowledge the customer and communicate. It just sounds even more shady when they stop communicating.

Perhaps we should send some friends over named Vinny and Chuy to have a chat?

EDIT - cancel Vinny and Chuy. Evidently someone is communicating? I hope it works out.

So i am Long Time on this forum, and i am more Reading than Posting simply because i dont speak Perfect english and i have not Time to do that.....
So i will wait More Time and inform you at the end how this thing ends...at the end the tempus drums are really Great low end sounding drums and they are very lightweight, carbon fibre seems to be Great material for drums, it is really shame that such nice drums have so horrible Customer service, i dont know the Problems of the Company but i am dissapointed and i can only Hope to become my snaredrum in the very unpredictable Future, of course i will inform you....
Keep on drummin

Back