Drumless jazz??

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
I know thatn there are countless threads on drumless tracks, but I hav'nt seen any one jazz songs. With rick songs, you can simpley learn the best, stay in time, and it sounds fine. But with jazz, you can't exactly learn the whole song lick by lick, stroke by stroke. Does anyone know of any good drumless tracks albums, or have any tracks with the drums taken out?? Would be a big help with my practice!

Groove Essentials has a jazz chapter (and therefore 6-7 x2 jazz tracks).

The King Cole Trio didn't have a drummer. There's a great 4 disc collection called "Cool Cole" on the Proper label that goes for a very nice price. It would give you plenty of tracks to play along with.

The King Cole Trio didn't have a drummer. There's a great 4 disc collection called "Cool Cole" on the Proper label that goes for a very nice price. It would give you plenty of tracks to play along with.

yeah, they have some nice stuff, thanks man

Try the Oscar Peterson Trio ft. Stan Getz, good record to get started. Also, John Riley's Bop Drumming books have great playalongs, way better than groove essentials. Keep your eyes open, there are loads of jazz records without drums out there.

The drumset soloist by Steve Houghton has a wide range of jazz styles. Each song comes with a full track as an example, then the drumless track to play along with.

Back