my new (old) slingerland prog jazz kit

tbmills

Gold Member
hey guys,
so, i actually bought these shells at the beginning of the summer, but have yet to do this...

new!!!
early 90s slingerland artist classic shells (assembled in gretsch NC factory)
8x12 amb. coated / clear
14x14 amb. coated / clear
14x20 ps3 coated / fiberskyn 3

1972 gretsch c.o.b. snare 5x14
dunnett class-r swivel strainer
remo coated amb. / amb. snare

masterwork jazzmaster
22" ride
14" hats

zildjian k custom
19" hybrid crash
20" dark ride

i am also using all gibraltar flat-based straight cymbal stands with tama iron cobra single pedal and lever glide hihat stand.

all of the pictures i have were taken while i was playing. some show the setup, some the color, none are perfect. i will get better pictures including a driver seat next time theyre set up.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 778
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 760
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 767
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 766
Hi TB, woooow!!!!!
Amazing kit, amazing cymbals,!!!!
What is finish called?
Have you maybe compared Gibraltar with Dw flat based hardware in weight?
I am also very interested on this hardware but i would include flat based hi hat stand too. cheers

dude....your kit is backwards......

unless your one of those fabled, left-handed drummers

but seriously nice kit, tasty finish!

-Jonathan

Have you maybe compared Gibraltar with Dw flat based hardware in weight?
I am also very interested on this hardware but i would include flat based hi hat stand too. cheers

i havent compared them in weight, but i do really like my hardware. it is strong, sturdy, light, and good looking.

i just painted my band name on my bass head so ill get some pics up soon of the whole kit and a driver seat shot.

HA! Here it is! Ok, first off TB, I'll have you know that an old Slingie was my first ever serious kit, bought second hand.

Something spiritually pure about Gretschs and Slingies..

She looks wonderful, nice color, classic shells, love your cymbals too. And you're looking very comfy, and very lefty ( bless your heart ) up there..

where's your Mapex? ( Mapex, right? )

HA! Here it is! Ok, first off TB, I'll have you know that an old Slingie was my first ever serious kit, bought second hand.

Something spiritually pure about Gretschs and Slingies..

She looks wonderful, nice color, classic shells, love your cymbals too. And you're looking very comfy, and very lefty ( bless your heart ) up there..

where's your Mapex? ( Mapex, right? )

PDPs... close enough

and yes, gretschs and slings are a perfect pair. though, i do want to upgrade to gretsch shells in bop 18 12 14 sizes sometime soon and a deep maple snare for a good contrasting classic thud sound. my cob sings like glory.

I'd recommend you look out for some vintage Gretsch drums in those sizes.
If I were you, I'd even be cool even with a Franken bop kit if I could get my hands on some pre-90s maple shells in those sizes ( a 10" tom though, for me ).

PS- ( I'd get the bass player to take his foot off the riser, btw. give em an inch and you know what happens... )

Back