the mad drummer xmas vid

Dig the cameo by....

Steve has really used his unexpected claim to fame well, and he also shows off a lot of his metal roots here. That's quite a cracking band he's put together for the track too, especially with Jeff Martin doing the vocal work.

Mad Drummer schtick aside, Steve plays his butt off. He's got greatamazing chops, although you really don't get a sense of it from the stuff on YouTube. The fact that he can do all of the acrobatics and still play straight is amazing enough, but his DVD shows off his technical skills much better. Yes, he had a DVD out well before the 'drummer at the wrong gig' vids started getting attention.

Bermuda

This guy is a great showman, and a great drummer. More power to him.

I saw him on a sitcom recently as an "extra" playing drums in a work band. I didn't recogize him at first, but he did his schtick and I figured out it was him right away.

This guy is a great showman, and a great drummer.

And a great guy and fellow Ludwig endorser (also had a deal long before the vid went viral.)

Bermuda

Great video, funny, a good cameo role from Portnoy (after that vid, he should definitely start an new career as an actor), amazing chops and grooves from Steve and a beautiful kit from Ludwig, no comments on the costume... :))

I'm sorry guys but this dude is trash.... I seen him in Seattle for woodstick back beat 2010, he was one of the featured drummers on the main stage that has a 3 min solo. Im not impressed at all other than him having fast feet.. Compared to Wekyl, Chambers, Royster Jr, etc etc this guy is trash.... All you guys that thinks hes a good drummer you either play the same or your worse... Just saying

I'm sorry guys but this dude is trash.... I seen him in Seattle for woodstick back beat 2010, he was one of the featured drummers on the main stage that has a 3 min solo. Im not impressed at all other than him having fast feet.. Compared to Wekyl, Chambers, Royster Jr, etc etc this guy is trash.... All you guys that thinks hes a good drummer you either play the same or your worse... Just saying

No, Steve Moore is a great drummer and nice guy - we all here love him!

Bernhard

Wow SeaHawkBoy,

You're not getting off to a good start here with your first post. It's definitely not cool to call someone trash.

I am always amazed at how so many people use their Internet anonymity as an easy way to abandon their manners or say things that they wouldn't so readily say to a person's face. I think your apology is not sincere.

Sorry to everyone else here. These kind of posts piss me off.

Keep Rockin' Steve Moore.

This user is at the wrong forum!

Saying someone's a good drummer is not comparing them to the upper strata of players. A good drummer gets the job done, with good timing, & playing that's appropriate for the piece. In that respect, Steve Moore's at least a good drummer. Personally, although his stuff is not my kind of stuff, I think he does a great job. He's entertaining too, & isn't that the business we're in?

As you're placing yourself on a pedestal, perhaps you'd care to post some examples of your playing. I'm sure you're very good, & if you are, I don't see the need for you to put another player down. Just be happy in your shell :)

It's always the guy with ONE post who says something controversial and then runs, never to be heard from again.

Get off your high horse and stop comparing drummers.

Nice trolling, but way too obvious and over the top. Your trolling skills need serious honing. Start slow, then hit us hard! Sheesh, amatuer.

BTW, Steve Moore can drum circles around me. So, by your assessment, I am less than trash... is that correct?

So how's your music career going? Mine and Steve's are great! :)

Bermuda

I'm sorry guys but this dude is trash.... I seen him in Seattle for woodstick back beat 2010, he was one of the featured drummers on the main stage that has a 3 min solo. Im not impressed at all other than him having fast feet.. Compared to Wekyl, Chambers, Royster Jr, etc etc this guy is trash....
Let's see, Steve is working with Jeff Martin, Rev Jones and Jim Dofka .... and he got Mike P. to do a cameo .... and you're working with exactly who ....​
All you guys that thinks hes a good drummer you either play the same or your worse... Just saying
Geez ... that's probably the most "inflated" ego I've ever seen hit this forum. Just sayin'​
I've been lurking around these boards for about 6 yrs so I know how things are ran so nothing is a suprise to me... forums and message boards are for ppl to vent etc etc so if you didn't lik what I said to bad
You've been lurking around this forum for 6 years ... and you're wondering if you should replace your intermediate Yamaha kit with a intermediate Sonor kit ... like, have you been "paying attention" to anything you've read, in the last 6 years, on this forum ? Just sayin'​
Jon, perhaps you can dream up a new category name for me then. Less than less than less than trash is too wordy. I need something slick & demeaning ;)
I usually refer to myself as a "hack" drummer .... but I'm thinking of switching that to sub-trash. Just to get contemporary ...​

Back