Tom batter heads for short stack hyperdrive style toms

drummerseahawkboy81

Hey guys was hoping that I could get some advice. I purchased a new kit which it hasnt came yet. The kit is a Sonor Essential Force S- Drive kit birch shells short toms etc etc. Heres a link to a pic if your not familar http://www.sonor.com/pbas/Sonor_FE/sonor/english/kategorie.html?a-quicklink-n_katid=1066

Anyways I was curious on if any of you who have short stack tom kits what type of heads do you use for the toms. I currently use all Evans heads on my older Yamaha Stage Custom and EC2s clears on the toms. I love my EC2s but I'm not sure if I'm gonna like them on my Sonor kit. You know with short stack toms the drums give more attack and a punchy sound and I think the EC2s might make them sound to dead with no resonance or tone IDK.... Was thinking on trying the G2's clear IDK........

Guys any help will be appreciated

If you like the EC2 heads then they will be fine for your short tom kit.
I have coated EC1 heads on my ddrum short stack toms.
The EC1 coated have been discontinued.
My short toms have a lot of sustain and a deep mellow tone.

If you like the EC2 heads then they will be fine for your short tom kit.
I have coated EC1 heads on my ddrum short stack toms.
The EC1 coated have been discontinued.
My short toms have a lot of sustain and a deep mellow tone.

Yeah Im thinking Im gonna stay with EC2s cause they focus on overtones and with the short toms that EC2 those might actually be perfect IDK well see. Lets see if I get any more comments and see what everyone else is saying

The EC2 clear are a moderate control head. They are not super dead.
They like to be tuned medium tension from my experience with them.

Back