Sonor Essential Force S Drive Kits ???? Anyone...

drummerseahawkboy81

Was curious on anyone of you owned or played this kit. Chris Coleman played on this kit at Seattles Woodstick 2011 and from there I fell in love from jus the way it sounded. There are limited youtube videos. I'm replacing my yamaha stage custom in feb that I had since 99 back in high school was curious on could anyone tell me about this kit first hand.

Also been looking at the Tama Hyperdrive too..... But I'm more sold on the Sonor even though Ive been a yamaha man for years. Any help is appreciated. Heres a link if anyone is not familiar with the kit. The hardware that comes with this kit is top notch too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZFXRrM0zE

http://www.sonor.com/pbas/Sonor_FE/sonor/english/kategorie.html?a-quicklink-n_katid=1019

Funny guru. I'm lucky enough at my store, the guy is a drum tuning god. No one I know can ever get it to sound as good as the senior drum salesman. Especially snares. I've seen the low westbury and cb snares sound absolutely amazing. I've never had the price ledge of trying any sOnors yet. I know a buddy of mine loved his Delites. I'll have to say their hardware and lugs looked nicer then most companies right now.

Dang guys this was suppose to be about the Sonor Essential S drive kits not tuning drums wth...
Come on! You just joined this forum, your 1st post was bashing a good drummer, you're constantly creating new threads and then seem not to be ready to accept threads having a dynamic of their own... Phew. Time to enhance your horizon.

Well, both the Stage Customs and the Essential Force series are intermediate kits. I really don't see the reason to buy another one. I would upgrade to a professional kit instead of just staying still in the intermediate lines, even if I had to save up twice the money ;)

Come on! You just joined this forum, your 1st post was bashing a good drummer, you're constantly creating new threads and then seem not to be ready to accept threads having a dynamic of their own... Phew. Time to enhance your horizon.

Fyi, I only made 2 threads not 20, one was in this forum and other in general discussion cause more traffic. Me calling the that drummer Steve Moore trash IMO isn't bashing him I jus stated my opinion and left it at that. Didn't know there was 1st first post etiquette. I've been lurking around these boards for about 6 yrs so I know how things are ran so nothing is a suprise to me... forums and message boards are for ppl to vent etc etc so if you didn't lik what I said to bad

I'm replacing my yamaha stage custom in feb that I had since 99 back in high school]

Yes Seahawkboy......... the Sonor would be quite a step up because of the higher quality all birch shells. Your Stage is the older, luan/falkata. The equivalent Sonor would be more like the force 1001 or whatever they are called these days.

Even though it would most likely be a step up for you I don't think it's worth the money. Like others have stated you'll moving from a midline kit to a better midline kit.

Better to save for a more significant upgrade.

Back