Cheaper version of Rock & roller Cart Please Help !!

drummerseahawkboy81

Guys, There's this event coming up Nov 18, in the Seattle area called Woodstick Big Beat 2012 pretty sure some of you have heard of it. Anyways guys this year when I attend I'm going to be taking my whole kit this year which consist of 10'popcorn snare 13'regular snare 10,12,14,16 tom, 22 bass, 3 crashes, 3 splashes, 1 china, 1 stack and high hats & aux hats. Last year at the event I didn't even bring half of that so it was very easy to transport. Anyways guys I have bags for everything but no kinda cart or anything to make load unload easier. I've been seeing this Rock & Roller Cart and it looks perfect, thing is honestly I don't want to shell out the cash for something that I wont be using much on a reg basis or at all. I was curious on if any of you knew a cheaper alternative wether its a cart that's similar, or a place that will let me rent something anything etc.......I don't really gig anymore so that's my reason for not shelling out the 170 plus. Any and all help will be appreciated..

I was curious on if any of you knew a cheaper alternative wether its a cart that's similar, or a place that will let me rent something anything etc.......

I saw a band do this once when unloading their van:

unload bagged drums
unload 6' [2m] metal pole
thread pole through carry handles on drum bags
guy on each end to carry
done

total cost: ?
labor cost: 1 beer to other guy [if you're feeling generous]

I suggest that you sign up for Hello Music:

http://www.hellomusic.com

as I have seen carts offered at good discounts, prior to posting this reply, I checked to see if there was anything available, unfortunately not, (sorry) but offers change all the time, so if you have a little time, you could keep checking the site.

Maybe try Home Depot as well?

Let us know how you get on.

I use a simple hand truck from Home Depot. Make sure you get one that can lay down flat. I think mine cost around $50 and it works like a charm. I wheel the thing all over NYC when I need to. I would also recommend getting some fastening ties to make sure everything is secured to the hand truck.

Guys, There's this event coming up Nov 18, in the Seattle area called Woodstick Big Beat 2012 pretty sure some of you have heard of it. Anyways guys this year when I attend I'm going to be taking my whole kit this year which consist of 10'popcorn snare 13'regular snare 10,12,14,16 tom, 22 bass, 3 crashes, 3 splashes, 1 china, 1 stack and high hats & aux hats. Last year at the event I didn't even bring half of that so it was very easy to transport. Anyways guys I have bags for everything but no kinda cart or anything to make load unload easier. I've been seeing this Rock & Roller Cart and it looks perfect, thing is honestly I don't want to shell out the cash for something that I wont be using much on a reg basis or at all. I was curious on if any of you knew a cheaper alternative wether its a cart that's similar, or a place that will let me rent something anything etc.......I don't really gig anymore so that's my reason for not shelling out the 170 plus. Any and all help will be appreciated..

You can get carts that do the same at Slave Harbor Tools or whatever, but if you want the collapsibility, capacity and light weight of a Rock 'n' Roller, then you will need to get a Rock 'n' Roller cart. There's just no way around. It is already a knock off version of the Mag Liner. I use my RnR for moving furniture, moving and vacations, so it comes in handy for a lot more than just drums.

I carried cement bags on my Rock-n-roller to my backyard to pour the foundation slab for my studio. Thing just keeps taking a beating. Although, I've noted on the ProSoundWeb that folks moving heavy stuff every day break them down and end up footing for the MagLiner.

Back