Maryland Drums and Meinl's Mic'd up

rjsteinbach

Here are some shots of my drums and cymbals from a friends school project in a studio at Towson University.

I have been away for a while and I dont think I've ever shown these drums or cymbals on here before.

Attachments

• DSC_7372_.jpg
    DSC_7372_.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 2,175
  • DSC_7365_.jpg
    DSC_7365_.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 1,596
  • DSC_7370_.jpg
    DSC_7370_.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 1,597
Last edited:
Just gorgeous. All-around great setup. The matching pork pie throne is a nice touch. I'd love to hear some sound bites as well!!

gorgeous set up. what sizes are your kit and what type of mics are you using..but man, that set up is nice..

(take care of the drums and they'll take care of you)

I'm a 4-piece guy so I love the set-up very classy. the angle on those condensers are crazy are you getting a good mix? I might try switching the angle on my condensers like that just curious of the mix. thanks for sharing.

Bonzolead

As a graduate of Towson University, let me say, Very nice. Love the white and the work that Maryland Drums does.

I'm a 4-piece guy so I love the set-up very classy. the angle on those condensers are crazy are you getting a good mix? I might try switching the angle on my condensers like that just curious of the mix. thanks for sharing.

Bonzolead

it's just X-Y config.... Oldest trick in the book.

I didnt pay too much attention to the mic's I was just drum teching and sound checking. It's his project I just let him use my stuff. I know there is some sennheiser mic inside the kick.

The drums are:
14x24 10ply
8x12 8ply
14x16 8ply
thats my 6.5x15 pearl ultracast with yamaha aluminum die-cast counterhoops.
my other snares are:
Gretsch 5x14 COB G4160
Sonor delite 5x14
Pork pie Big Black 6.5x14

Cymbals:
15" med hats
20" med crash
22" spectrum ride
22" extra dry ride (as crash/ride)

Thanks for all the comments, I'll get sounds soon

Maryland cookies?..........

Maryland_cookies.jpg