Yamahaha

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Nothing too flashy but I did some upgrades to my stage custom in time to get out and play some gigs.

It's a 20x17, 14x14, 12x9, 10x8 kit. I'll probably gig it as a 4 piece.

I've replaced all the batter side tension rods with tight screws (they tend to loosen).

Also put brand new Evans 360 heads top and bottom (G2 clear over g1 coated) and it sounds really great.

Trick quick release cymbal toppers for quicker cymbal setup and pull down, as well as a quick release gibraltar hi hat clutch.

I wouldn't gig with the new eliminator pedals but I've got it setup as a 2nd kit in my practice room and I've been enjoying the new sound all afternoon. It's actually really cool having the hi hat where it is. I was going to cut down and wrap these drums but the cost turned me away, at least for now.

Enjoy

Attachments

• yamaha1.JPG
    yamaha1.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 431
  • yamaha2.JPG
    yamaha2.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 353
  • yamaha3.JPG
    yamaha3.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 360
Looks good man, if you want to go further, you might want to change the hoops to 2.3mm triple flanged - cheap from drumfactorydirect.com. I did that to mine and ordered the brass ones (natural wood color so it contrast nicely), I also put the sleeved washers on all the tuning rods. Just these two upgrades helped keep them in tune longer and easier when you start tuning from scratch (head replacements). I use clear emps on mine. The sound is wider to me with this change. (pics in my profile)

I think my next kit will have a 20" bass drum. I like how low you've got your toms in the 2 up arrangement. Very nice

Sleeved washers are a godsend. The tightscrews on my Ahead snare don't work very well, I think I might get one of those locking products.

Kit looks great. You know, you could use a regular hi-hat stand with that same placement if you move the slave pedal out a bit and slot the hi-hat pedal on the inside. :)

Back