Buying genuine Yamaha replacement parts?

rpt50

Hi all. I occasionally need various small parts (e.g., tension rods, foot pedal springs) and I would like to stick with genuine yamaha parts. I have an account on the yamaha site, but the shipping often exceeds the price of what I need. Are there any other options for buying these small items? I live in Atlanta GA, which has plenty of music stores, but I never see much in the way of yamaha parts.

Re: Buying genuine yamaha replacement parts???

I live in Atlanta GA, which has plenty of music stores, but I never see much in the way of yamaha parts.

I've never seen anyone stock a large amount of Yamaha parts. At most I've seen some cymbal arms. You'll have to order them either way, and I can say from experience that Yamaha parts are difficult (and expensive) to order, so I'd talk to your local music shop, who can call Yamaha for you. I can't tell if Atlanta Pro Percussion are a Yamaha dealer (I've been there once in my life), but they're good people and if there's any place in the area that'll have Yamaha tension rods, it'll be them.

Also, you're going to pay out the wazoo for Yamaha parts anyway. I'd probably just suck it up and order as much online at once to keep shipping costs down.

In the UK you can by spares directly from Yamaha UK. Quick and efficient and often surprisingly cheap. I wish more manufacturers would operate in this way.

Not sure if that's the case in the US but would certainly be worth contacting Yamaha US to find out.

Back