new vintage Zildjian!

Weight sweepstake!

We guess the weight and the one who gets closest wins, right?

2,750 Grams is my guess.

My grandparents picked up a Yamaha Power V set at a garage sale a couple of years ago. It came with some beat up 70s New Beats, a 60s 17" Zildjian A crash, and a 22" Zildjian ride from the 50s. Grandparents told me I could set my own commission if I sold it (I think they thought I'd pick some monetary amount).

I quickly sold it to my drummer's stepson, but deciding on the commission was harder. In the end, rather than money, I took the 17" crash. The 22" ride was too washy to jive with the rest of my cymbals. It reminded me of this OLD cymbal a buddy of mine dug up several years ago... it was made by the Zildjian company but before they changed their name to Zildjian... or something like that.

Anyway, I have the 17", but seeing that 22" reminds me of what I could have kept... :)

Very nice Avedis you got there Alex!
My teacher once gave me an old, quite heavy 20" Avedis. I really like the stick and crash sound, it got great character indeed.

I`m surprised that your 24" sounds so light. Maybe it`s about 2900g? Sounds great for sure and I think that the holes don`t affect the sound in any negative way.

Have fun with this vintage! =)

Karl

That first bit of ride on the sound clip, Was that a nylon tip or wooden??

im sorry but judging by that sound clip, i don't like it.
but if someone came up to me and said "here mate have this cymbal" i would.

Back