WTF!

Wow just Wow and the fact that there is money supposedly committed is insane!

Someone has hacked the site and thrown that up as a piss take, surely? There's no way that nimrod would've generated six and a half thousand Euro just by asking for it. If it were really that easy, we'd all be doing it. In fact, I may even give it a go and see how I fare. I'd be happy with a third of that.

Someone has hacked the site and thrown that up as a piss take, surely? There's no way that nimrod would've generated six and a half thousand Euro just by asking for it. If it were really that easy, we'd all be doing it. In fact, I may even give it a go and see how I fare. I'd be happy with a third of that.

That was my first thought, but then I wondered whether he has added those donations to make it look like people are helping. Still, it's a bloody cheek. Help to buy an xbox & earrings for his girlfriend? Feck off!

Seriously? This is a joke, people!
The drummer in the pic is Patrick Carney of The Black Keys.

carney-418x350.jpg

Seriously? This is a joke, people!
The drummer in the pic is Patrick Carney of The Black Keys.
It's surely got to be a joke, but a most ill thought out one IMO. Such antics cast dispersions on those offering a genuine funding program, & to post this on Benny's page is just plain nasty.

Asshole antics aside, this is the kicker for me.

15.000€
Private drum solo:Enhanced
I will invite you in my place and play a drum solo just for you.I will use double bass and the latest trends in gospel chops.Virgil Donati and Aaron Spears licks,BUT: with Ringo musicality.

Hacked or whacked? If it's real the dude needs to find a job.

I'm thinking about getting the private drum solo with a bit of Lars mixed with Max and a twist of Tony.

Just checked further. Non of the links work, & it's hosted on a different site. Nevertheless, still bad taste to post on Benny's page, & gives drummers a bad name generally :(

It's a modified Indiegogo page created as a joke (not hacked). I don't see how it's giving drummers a "bad name" to post obvious satire, and it's not exactly making direct fun of Benny's project. More likely, Benny's page is a high-visibility one and the creator of this piece wanted some cheap exposure.

It's a modified Indiegogo page created as a joke (not hacked). I don't see how it's giving drummers a "bad name" to post obvious satire, and it's not exactly making direct fun of Benny's project. More likely, Benny's page is a high-visibility one and the creator of this piece wanted some cheap exposure.
Ok, maybe not a bad image for drummers per se, but certainly not a positive one. Disagree with posting on Benny's page though. Irrespective of the motivation, it's a cheap shot, & potentially calls into question the credibility of the funding mechanism. Benny obviously thought so too, because it's been removed.

Dispersion is something you do when you spread something around. Like dispersing money to lazy drummers who don't want to get a real job. ;-) You mean "aspersions." An aspersion is a damaging or derogatory remark or criticism.

Words are important.

/pedant
Ok, typo/brain fart radar engaged. Sorry ;) Serves me right for speed typing :(

I don't know, I can't get upset about this stuff. Lots of old business models don't work anymore. So I say kudos to those who have figured out how to work the new system instead of sitting around bitching about how it's "not like the old days anymore." Yes, some of this stuff is ridiculous. But the fact people are more willing to pay a guy to make potato salad than listen to your band is more a reflection of society and what people find worthwhile than the person who finds a way to make money off of it.

My unsolicited 2 cents.

Back