Double duty on NYE?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I've got a gig New Year's afternoon, and another on New Year's eve with a differernt band. Turns out the other 3 guys in the band also have gigs that night with different bands! I thought that was a little unusual for an entire band's members to be doing 2 gigs, and wondered if that's common (first time for me on New Year's BTW.)

Is anyone else doing two gigs on New Year's?

Bermuda

I wish I was! I'm not a fan of NYE anyway, so I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on much.

The blues-band I'm playing in, was offered a new years gig, which we would get 3x the pay we usually take. We declined though, since the members have other plans.

I'm one of the few musicians I know locally who's NOT got something lined up for NYE. I guess I'll stay home and work on depleting my wine cellar.

I have 3 shows back to back haha
Robbie Williams tribute, Take That tribute and then an ABBA tribute (kill me now)

wish I was playing, but gave up NYE shows long ago....too many rookies on the road later.

F

I'm not into the NYE thing anymore, so I kind of wish I did have a gig to save me from another boring night. ;)

No double gig this year, but it's probably gonna be one of the more exciting NYE gigs I've done. This will be the first gig in the new country band I'm in. We will be playing in the club house of a senior citizens trailer park. Yee Haw! I'm a little nervous about it. I don't think we are ready to gig yet. It took us months to find a bass player and he has only had two rehearsals. I don't know about other parts of the world, but around here bass players are hard to come by. The ones that are out there don't want to join a start up. They won't commit until you have gigs lined up. It's hard to get gigs when you don't have a full band. That's a musicians life I suppose. I'm going to go contemplate chicken and eggs now.

Back