The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

Re: THE BLACK PANTHER THREAD!!! for all BP snare fans and owners....

TopCat said:
How's the sound of that? Looks awesome.

Hm its very very different from metal snares or even maple snares, it has "lots" of low frequencies and delivers saturated, warm, rich sound. A nice unique snare ;)

Radeq said:
to val - your record on myspace.com is already with the black panther?

Euh i dont have any recordings on myspace, only small, low quality videos on our band website (www.lamaalilac.be).

I am looking at getting between Deep Forest walnut, Deep forest cherry, or birdseye maple. Any suggestions,, I want a nice thick, fat, saturated tone. Anyone??

Just ordered my Premium 14x5.5" Birdseye Maple.
Im stoaked.

dethchamber999 said:
I am looking at getting between Deep Forest walnut, Deep forest cherry, or birdseye maple. Any suggestions,, I want a nice thick, fat, saturated tone. Anyone??

14*6.5 Walnut all the way :)

As i promised .... pictures of my BLACK PANTHER 14 by 6.5.
agian the pictures were taken with my cell phone, so the quality is not soooooo......

Last edited:
Re: THE Black Panther thread! for all BP snare fans and owners....

My BirdsEye Maple 14*6,5 in action (ok, and myself too). To hear how it sounds, check out some of the songs on http://www.bluntaxeorchestra.com/?aktie=music. Those recordings were made with that snare, and a Remo powerstroke 3 Rennaisance head on top and the factory resonant head on the bottom. (the kit in the recordings is not the kit in the picture).

Greetings,
MM

Hey guys, when i get my new Birdseye maple 5.5x14, am i looking to keep the factory heads on there? or should i replace them? and with what?
-Thanks

On The Real said:
Hey guys, when i get my new Birdseye maple 5.5x14, am i looking to keep the factory heads on there? or should i replace them? and with what?
-Thanks

Replace them with remo coated ambassador on top and clear ambassador ( snare ) on bottom.
good luck with that snare - black panther snares are great .
take care

On The Real said:
-Thanks

My friend kept the factory heads - actually they are made by remo, and they are the same, what remo coated ambassador - it is just + the black panther logo

radeq said:
My friend kept the factory heads - actually they are made by remo, and they are the same, what remo coated ambassador - it is just + the black panther logo
they are not the same heads , first of all the made in china , second - try and touch remo ambassador made by remo u s a , and touch the heads that come with the snare... you will feel difference.... and the sound too.

YAMAHA DRUMMER said:
they are not the same heads , first of all the made in china , second - try and touch remo ambassador made by remo u s a , and touch the heads that come with the snare... you will feel difference.... and the sound too.

ok thanks buddy, I'll try that....I didnt take a closer look at it, cause it sounded good also with the stock heads

Thought I'd post pics of my BP here..
Snare.jpg

Snare1.jpg

Snare2.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

Its the 14x6.5" BP Steel snare.

Back