Songs to Play Along With

Hey guys, just wondering if you have any songs you'd recommend for me that would be good to play along with. To give you an idea of my skill level, I can play Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria, as well as Chop Suey by System of a Down. Thanks in advance!

Just find some tunes that you like and learn them.

If you are already into System of a Down, then perhaps give Toxitcity or Areials a go. Two pretty fun songs, and not too hard to figure out by ear. Also, the Deftones are a blast to jam along with or maybe even some Staind or Incubus if you like that kinda stuff.

There's really not a bad direction you can go with jam along songs. Sometimes I'll even jam out to some Disney music just for something different to play. :)

Lately I have been playing songs along the lines of def leopard, aerosmith, ac/dc, and lynyrd skynyrd, as well as the occasional doobie brothers song just to change things up a litlle bit.

Go to VicFirth.com and look for the downloadable MP3's without drums.

Lately I have been playing songs along the lines of def leopard
Leppard

Try drumming to these:

Metallica - Sad but True
Megadeth - Architecture Of Aggression
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Anthrax - Madhouse

I've found that a lot of pop songs are usually incredibly easy. If you can get over the fact that you're jamming to Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus, you might have some luck.

Back