Finally ...my Sonor 3007 set up!

Nice kit, we have two 3007s at school and they sound awesome, I like the finish too.

Wow, i love the color. Don't lose the Spiderman rug lol!
Congrats.

VERY nice! That is the exact same kit I was going to get (including the autum fade color) but I got a Mapex M birch instead. I'm very happy with the Mapex but I definately want some Sonors in the future.
Congrats!

very nice! i have an auxiliary snare in that same finish :)
Have you tried any other heads on the kit besides the EC2s?

i'm very tempted to try them on my S-Class, but i'm worried they'll dampen things a bit more than i prefer.

Hi

Have you tried any other heads on the kit besides the EC2s?

I haven't actually, the heads are from my previous kit so I tried them before buying new heads. I really like the sound - punchy, lots of definition. They work well for my musical situation at the moment.

You got specs on them?

Yes, sorry, always forget the specs!

Sonor Force 3007 - 20" bd, 14"sn, 8",10",12", toms and 14" floor tom. 400 series hardware
Paiste - Alpha -13" hats and 20" standard ride. PST5 - 16" cr, 18" rock cr, 14" china.
EC2 heads on the toms, Sonor head on snare (sounds great) and on Bass Drum.
...I think thats it. Hoping to add a matching 10" snare and maybe a 16" floor tom in future and a couple of splashes!

This IS the kit that I am hoping to get next year, complete with the extra 8" tom and everything, amazing choice my friend!!!

I just have a few questions and if you could answer with as much detail as possible it would be great in helping me get my kit:

1. What style of music do you play, because I play mainly rock/funk/metal and I want to know will this really fit my bill?

2. Can you take some really close-up good pictures of the hardware and finish so I can see exactly what its like?

3. Do you have any recordings yet, even just something on your phone just so I can hear what these drums are like before I go and test them for myself?

I would be so appreciative if you could help me out there, many thanks

Once again, great kit,

Adam

1. What style of music do you play, because I play mainly rock/funk/metal and I want to know will this really fit my bill?

I'm playing in 2 bands at the moment - a covers band playing everything 50's rock n roll to modern chart stuff and I'm in a Prog..ish rock, verging on Metal band. I also play whatever sessions I can get to and I teach. I chose this kit because of the sound (amazing) and the configuration in regards to my size, shape and height ...like buying a new bike. The configuration works for my playing and style of playing, not the type of music I'm playing. The EC2 heads I use fit the sound I need to be consistant and flexible with both bands.

First thing my guitarist said was "..that bass drum is real small, but it is really loud!" That was a 3 piece band Elec Guitar and Elec Bass - I was totally acoustic, no mics!

2. Can you take some really close-up good pictures of the hardware and finish so I can see exactly what its like?

I will take some pics for you and post them here real soon buddy. The hardware is very heavy, very sturdy! 400 series. Check out the Sonor website too!

3. Do you have any recordings yet, even just something on your phone just so I can hear what these drums are like before I go and test them for myself?

No recording of it yet. I will do a video of the band rehearsing soon and send you a snipet. Hope that will help. If you get a chance have a go on one. Thats what I fell in love with, and I didn't even play it loud, but the sound was very sweet!

Back