Tama Metalworks 14x6.5 steel snare

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, all. I have the chance to pick one of these up for $80 off of my local Craiglist. Is this a good deal? Are these snares worht it? I play mainly metal/hardcore, so I figured it could be a decently versitile sanre, tuned up tight with nice ring to it, but I could also dry it out with different heads and tuning. Anyone? Thanks!

Interstate Music has new ones for $149.99, so a good used one for $80 seems good to me. If you get it, let us know how it sounds. I am interested in those snares. Peace and goodwill.

Unfortunately I missed it. Being stuck at work, and not seeing the post until today let someone else sneak in a grab it before me. Sucks, I was really looking forward to that snare.

met a guy at a show who played one. it sounded amazing, that's the whole reason I went up and introduced myself... to find out what snare he was playing.

anyway, he said he paid like a hundred bucks for it new... so you should be able to get a new one for a good deal if you're that bummed out about missing it.

$149-$199 for a new one is not a bad price to be paying for one of those anyway. I've played them in a store and they are definitely solid and they were available in different sizes. Good solid snares. But I went for 13" Artwood maple and a 13" SLP Sonic Steel which cost $199 anyway. Swing the extra $$$ and just get a new one. They're good.

I own one of the same size and are definitly worth the money I got mine on sale at music 123 for $159 delivered. And best of all it comes with good heads and wires Evans power center reverse dot and hazy 300 stock. I am getting the 6.5 x 13 " tomorrow. Great steel snare sound, nice pop, good throw off, excellent even if you paid $200 new.

The Metalworks might be the best "bang for the buck" steel snare out there. There is one caveat, Tama has put out an 8 lug version under the "Metalworks" moniker. This is kind of like what Pearl did with the Sensitones. Make sure that you're getting the 10 lug version. The 8 lug version has a model number of MT1465 if I remember correctly. All of these are great snares!

I just picked up a used but perfect 13x6.5 Metalworks snare and I am totally pleased with it. ...and I paid $110 for it.

DC

Those 13" MetalWorks are works of art. I borrowed a friends and now I'm going have to get one for myself. I'm getting converted over to the 13" ers by the commentors here. The Tama 13s do have a great range don't they? You can hear them 3 blocks down the street as well. Congratulations! I know you're loving that bad boy.

Those 13" MetalWorks are works of art. I borrowed a friends and now I'm going have to get one for myself. I'm getting converted over to the 13" ers by the commentors here. The Tama 13s do have a great range don't they? You can hear them 3 blocks down the street as well. Congratulations! I know you're loving that bad boy.

Thanks. Amazing the sound difference from my birch 13" to the MetalWorks. Glad I made the switch.

DC

Back