Canopus Custom Kit!

hateplow

Silver Member
It's been a while since I've posted - here's a gorgeous new Canopus kit that just came in from Japan. These guys make some AMAZING drums! They also make their shells in-house.
My friend Shane at the Drum Center of Portsmouth was able to hook me up with a finish, sizes and badges they don't offer in their catalog!

SPECS
Custom Birch Toms, Custom Maple/Poplar Snare
Emerald Green Burst - High Gloss

8x6.5
10x9
12x11
16x15
22x18
14x6.5 w diecast hoops, Maple/Poplar Vintage Rock Shell. This thing screams.

Paiste Sig cymbals, Tama HH stand, DW 9000 Double Pedals

P1000139.jpg

P1000141.jpg

P1000142.jpg

P1000140.jpg

nice!! I dream about getting a Canopus drum-set one day. They have a few kits set up at the local music store. The birch shells are my favorite, they just look & sound so earthy and warm and complex.

Congrats.

What kind of hardware did the kit come with? How've the drums been overall so far?

nice!! I dream about getting a Canopus drum-set one day. They have a few kits set up at the local music store. The birch shells are my favorite, they just look & sound so earthy and warm and complex.

Congrats.

What kind of hardware did the kit come with? How've the drums been overall so far?

The tone of these drums is amazing. I didn't get any additional hardware with the kit, because I had a couple DW 9000 stands that fit the RIMS mounts.
These stack up against my old SQ2 birch kit. The bass drum is the best I've heard yet. The snare drum is the NV60M1, check it out on the Canopus website. It's incredible.

Wow, very beautiful set. What is poplar wood like? Never heard of that for drums. Canopus makes great drums and you are fortunate to have this set.

poplar is put into vintage-esque shells for warmth and resonance. its a softer wood, so its generally an inner ply. in the old ludwig 3 plies and the current legacy classic its in between 2 plies of maple. with re reings

Back