Pearl Masterworks NAMM Kit

Drums558

As promised in one of the NAMM threads here are some pics of my new Pearl bop kit.

First off I have to say the quality of this kit truely is INCREDIBLE!!! The kit is flawless, and this is comeing from someone that was not a HUGE fan of Pearl drums. (I am now) My only complaint is I need longer floor tom legs.

I believe these are made to the Reference series spec as far as plys, wood type, and edges are concerned.

Specs.
14 X 6.5 two billion ply snare drum. (See pic)
12 X 8 mounted tom
14 X 14 Floor tom
18 X 15 kick.

Finish plys are Eucolyptus over Tamo.

Pics

ForumPicG.jpg

ForumPicH.jpg

ForumPicI.jpg

forumPicJ.jpg

ForumPicK.jpg

ForumPicM.jpg

ForumPicA.jpg

ForumPicB.jpg

ForumPicC.jpg

ForumPicE.jpg

ForumPicF.jpg

ForumPic.jpg

ooh they are gorgeous i want some

As someone who likes red and natural colors that is beautiful. What a great combination in my opinion. I'm jealous for sure. And it does appear that you need longer legs on that tom. Are they Available?

Very beautiful kit!

That snare looks like you could count the rings and find it's age....

Thanks guys, i'm lovin this kit!!

Gruntersdad: I haven't looked into th elonger floor tom legs yet, i'm starting to like the height it's at but I usually like these toms about an inch higher than my snare. I'm currently finishing my drum room, painting this weekend, when it's done i will take pics of my other kits to show the difference in height. (Long winded answer to a simple question)

Trkdrmr: First off, I LOVE YOUR TRICK KIT. Based on your theory the snare is about 20 yrs old, or 2 billion, not sure though.

eddiehimself: Yea, thick snares are a bit trendy right now but this snare really is sweet! I would feel comfortable taking this snare to ANY gig from metal to a jazz trio, seriously versatile snare. I wish I knew how to put into words the sound of this snare, it's crisp and articulate at all volumes. What surpised me was that it does have a very "Woody" sound.

I'm working on getting some nice big thin jazz rides for this kit. My wife bought me a 20" K Custom Dark Ride that fits this kit OK, but I want something more along the lins of Bosphorus or Agop for this kit.Any thoughts on cymbal selection are welcome.

Mike

Cuanto questa? 20202020

I think this is a question about the cost? I know very little spanish but google helped me with this.

The answer is........... ALOT!!!
Every once in a while an old guy gets permission from the wife goddess to be a bit self indulgent. (To qoute Barry/BAZ)

Mike

those NAMM pics are great. Whats with the Pearl throne? Is that a gas relief port?

GRUNTERSDAD Re: Pearl Masterworks NAMM Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
those NAMM pics are great. Whats with the Pearl throne? Is that a gas relief port?

I think the seat is backwards in that picture.

That is seriously a really great looking kit. I thought about the fear I would have of taking it anywhere. I think that is a great "stage" or at home kit. But I wouldn't want to have to cram it into a corner anywhere. Somehow I doubt that's in its future anyway. Awesome kit man, one of the nicest - no- the nicest kit I've seen on the forum to date.

Hip hip HOOORAAAAY!

O-my! She is beautiful. You MUST post some audio/video so we can hear that kick!

Thanks for al the compliments!!!

SoCalMike, your pics are the reason I bought this kit. I saw them on this forum and HAD TO HAVE this kit. I blame you for my greatly reduced checking balance, but I also blame you for this big ol smile on my face:)

I did gig on this kit ONCE. While playing it was a pure pleasure, I was nervous the whole night. You know how lead guitarists can be.

Sirwill, the kick is punchy with alot of tone with the current heads and tuning. I will put some audio files up but be patient, I need to finish the room and figure out the best way to record without buying too much new audio equipement. The best way to descibe it is to think Jojo Mayer playing some cool drum & bass grooves. This is how i'm playing it for now, but I did buy this kit to help inspire the wanna be jazzer in me.

More pics of all my collection if I ever get my drum room finished so I can set them back up.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for al the complements!!!

SoCalMike, your pics are the reason I bought this kit. I saw them on this forum and HAD TO HAVE this kit. I blame you for my greatly reduced checking balance, but I also blame you for this big ol smile on my face:)

Wow tell the Wife I said Sorry lol............
That is one Sweet lookin kit Congrats!!!

Back