Gretsch Renown Euro Pack?

Strangelove

Gold Member
Has anybody seen this set advertised at Musiciansfriend? $699 for a Renown set????!!!! What wood is it made from? What does Euro designate?

Has anybody seen this set advertised at Musiciansfriend? $699 for a Renown set????!!!! What wood is it made from? What does Euro designate?
American Rock maple baby! This is an unbelievable deal!!!! I wish I wasn't broke about now! Euro designation I am unsure of..

Go to the Gretsch site and click on drums, then Renown to see the configurations. My set is 8, 10, 12, 14, 22 which is the Euro setup as I can see. But for that price if that is what you are after I would snatch it quick. MF has other sets for 1300.00. Good luck.

I'm not seeing it there.... link?

I'm not seeing it there.... link?

The deal was on the last page of the MF catalog I just got in the snail mail, if that is what you are asking. I don't know if they are showing it on their website.

This has to be the best deal on a set of drums that I may have ever seen in my life.

yeah i also sw that drumset in musiciansfriend, and i was surprised by the price, once i saw that i really wanted it but since i just got an x7 theres no way i could have gotten it, but i tried to look it up on mf and it wasnt there

I've seen that deal too. I am wondering why... And it's only available in Cherry Burst. Are they discontinuing that color or maybe making an upgrade to the renown?

I just spent a little bit on the phone with MF to try and order this kit and it is a "canceled" set which I take to mean it is being discontinued. I tried to jump on the deal because $700 for a Renown with an extra tom is ludicrous but I was unsuccessful and might just cry for missing this opportunity lol.

And here is MF customer service answer to my email.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Gretsch Renown Drums

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Henry) - 11/05/2009 03:57 PM
Dear Musician,

Yes, these drums are on their way out. They have been discontinued in our system and we are selling off the remaining stock.

the same thing happened to me with a mapex pro set i wanted it so bad but when i called everything seemed to go through and then something went wrong and they couldnt sell it anymore i think they ran out and cant get more and it happened again with a lused ludwig black beauty snare for 350 bucks but i wasnt able to get it they did however give me quite a discount on a pdp x7 because of this and a really good deal on heads for it too, the girl i spoke with on the phone was also a drummer so i think she wanted me to get a good deal, so i lucked out anyway, offers like that always seem to good to be true

man, if money wasn't so tight i'd snatch up some add-ons for my renowns. I've wanted a 16 floor and a 20 kick since I got em, but oh well.

Back