New Here - Starclassic!

neythen

Hey,
I've been checking this place out for a while, and thought I'd contribute a bit as well. I'm 19, I like music, I study, I work blah blah blah....I will resist telling you my life story, and get to the good stuff.
Here are the specs of my baby.

DRUMS - Starclassic Maple
22x18 Kick
10x8 Tom
12x9 Tom
16x14 Floor
13x6.5 Metalworks (not SC - to be replaced one day...)

CYMBALS
14" AAXcelerator Hats
17" K Medium Thin Dark Crash (to be replaced with 18" AAXplosion)
18" A Medium Crash (to be replaced with 19" AAXplosion)
22" HH Heavy Ride
18" AAXtreme China
18" Oriental China

HEADS
All Emperor Batter on toms
All Stock G1 Resos on toms
Remo CS Dot on Snare (definitely needs replacing)
Superkick II on Kick Batter
Remo Emperor Coated Reso Kick

PEDALS/HARDWARE
Tama Roadpro Stands
Iron Cobra Double Kick
Iron Cobra Lever Glide Hat Stand
Cobra Clutch

STICKS
Vater Fatback 3A Wood
Vater Super 5B Wood

OTHER GEAR
Macbook 2.4 GHz
Edirol UA-25 Interface
Rode M3
Roland TD-3 with DW 5000 Single Chain Double Kicks
Roland Rhythmcoach 5
Old Pearl Export Kit (beat around kit)
Boss DB-30 Metronome
Roland RH-300 Headphones
Direct Sound - Sound Isolation Headphones

And the good stuff...

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Thanks.

Beautiful kit. I love the black hardware on the white finish.

Beautiful kit. I love the black hardware on the white finish.

That's just what I was about to say. It looks too good. Sweet kit set up. I own an 18" aaxplosion and have had no complaints, nice choice on the new crashes.

I'll be another one to say that the white finish with the black nickel finish is beautiful! I think you'll enjoy the AAXplosion crashes - they are some of the best sounding and versatile crashes around in my opinion (not that the Ks are bad though lol). Those babies sing.

I noticed the sort of aluminum looking sheets on your walls. May I ask if that something you did to the room for sound treatment of some sort?

Thanks for the compliments.
I'm looking forward to getting those 2 AAX's on there. I've had the K and the A for years and I bought them without a solid grasp of "matching" cymbals to get a desired sound, and they don't fit what I want at all. That said I will probably hoard them 'just in case'. Now it's just a matter of finances... =D

Drum-Head: The silver on the walls is from sound insulation bats that are all over the shed. Ill be the first to admit that a) the room is completely dead and sounds lousy and b) it deadens the drums a bit, but doesn't stop the lady out the back attacking the shed with a dog leash (odd weapon of choice...). I've learnt a bit from the experience, but I have a room to practice and play in, so I'm grateful none the less.

man that is just SICK!! I mean, the contrast between the hardware and the finish, plus the iron cobras and the cymbals... Beautiful!!

Welcome to the site...that is a nice looking kit and it looks like you're serious about your playing...

Enjoy the site and keep on contributing!

That is one elegant looking kit. Awsome hardware and laquer. Starclassic Maples are top-notch all the way.
Welcome to the forum.

Wow, that looks awesome. I agree with Wavelength, they look classy. Probably because the rack toms aren't attached to the bass drum and the color is classy.
What kind of music do you play?

Wow, that looks awesome. I agree with Wavelength, they look classy. Probably because the rack toms aren't attached to the bass drum and the color is classy.
What kind of music do you play?

I will have to agree as well that virgin kick sitting out there with all its glory, the color of the hardware saying look at me on that white backdrop is just a screaming kit saying LOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEE....gorgeous....Welcome to the Forum!!!

Thanks again guys.
Jalli - I play in a couple of different hardcore bands and come from a punk/hardcore sort of background (everything from the early stuff, 70's and 80's - Ramones, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Adolescents, Misfits, Bad Brains, Social Distortion right up to current stuff). I like playing funk though, but I lost all my chops after I stopped doing lessons and actually practicing those concepts. After watching more Gadd last night, I gotta do lessons again...

Welcome to the forum.

That set up would be impressive for a drummer at any age, but at 19, you have all you need for a lifetime of great drumming. I have fallen in love with the 2 offset rack toms myself. It is very comfortable for me and I love where it allows me to place my ride. I also had the 14 AAX-celerators for a while and loved the bright sound they gave. They were perfect for what I wanted in a x-hat.

The color, the gear, the setup-all aces.

Back