Dang DW

And how in the world do you know that it didn't take me a long time to work my way up to professional grade stuff? I am 42 yrs old not a young kid. Have been drumming since age 15. You do the math. I have owned NUMEROUS kits during my life including other pro end kits like Tama Starclassic performer, Mapex Saturn etc. However I started drumming with kits like Sunlite, Pearl Exports etc. I am a disabled ex police officer, so no I am not rich at all. It took me a long time to save up for this Collector's kit. Why I never had any backup snares? Simply because every drum kit I ever owned had a snare come with the kit. Just like this is the very first virgin bass I ever had. I never had to mount toms from a stand until now. Why is this so hard to believe to you? With that said, excuse me for being ignorant about other snare brands. Sorry I don't have all the knowledge as you do lol.

I'm sorry if I misjudged you. Your posts scream noob. You post about getting a DW kit like it is an accepted fact that it is the pinnacle of drum kits instead of why you like it better than any other options. And when they don't have a "matching" snare it is a tragedy. You won't even consider a used matching snare, it has to be new. And you post open ended queries about what else to get. Maybe if you had asked for recommended substitutes to a specific model or type of snare, and what attributes you considered important, you would have gotten more useful answers. But the only criteria were that it be new and "matching". Which would imply a cosmetic orientation since the sound of a snare drum has little in common with a kit of toms or bass drum. Most drummers with your stated level of experience are pretty clear about what they expect from the sound of their ideal drums. I didn't imply that you should have a big current collection of snares. But if you have played many different drums over the years, it should be easier to describe what you are looking for other than it be new and look like it came with this kit of the most expensive drums that were at the local Banjo Hut.

Maybe it's because I consider the painter more important than the brush that jewelry collectors bother me. Congratulations on your history of playing and working your way up to a topline instrument that makes you happy. I haven't gotten to the point where I can justify that to myself. But I can say that when I get to the point of spending serious money on something high end, it will be because I know exactly what I want and whether that piece will do it.

Back