new yamaha stage custom - dark metallic blue

fmass92

just got in yesterday. i love it so far and it sounds amazing. thought i'd show some pics.

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture010.jpg

0424001328.jpg

Nice kit fmass92,

I really like the Dark Metallic Blue.

Nice color. Are you preparing for a war? You have some serious paper products in the back ground.

Nice Kit Blue kit is very nice.I see you are not using the tom mount,Is it so you can have your ride lower???And if i my ask,what kind of cymbal is the crash over the floor tom??? For me everything sounds real good except for that one cymbal.

Nice set up! Love the SCBs! Did you get those off the MF website? they were/are(?) running a deal on the 4pc shell packs for like $400.. INSANE deal on a really nice kit!

Oh yeah, Nice toilet paper collection as well ..hahaha (JK)

Nice Kit Blue kit is very nice.I see you are not using the tom mount,Is it so you can have your ride lower???And if i my ask,what kind of cymbal is the crash over the floor tom??? For me everything sounds real good except for that one cymbal.

If you mean why I don't put the ride in the tom mount its because when I crash on it, it makes the whole kit vibrate and it feels weird. And the crash over the floor tom is a 19" A Custom crash. I record everything with a RockBand microphone, so nothing sounds all that great.

Nice set up! Love the SCBs! Did you get those off the MF website? they were/are(?) running a deal on the 4pc shell packs for like $400.. INSANE deal on a really nice kit!

Yes and yes, I needed a better kit than my entry level one and I couldn't pass it up =)

Nice! You are making me want to snag one of these kits!

How's that 24" kick to tune? I have heard from a couple other folks that it's kind of a bear.

I love the sound of the kick. I followed a Bob Gatzen technique by pushing down in the middle and loosen the head until you see wrinkles, then tighten it back up again. Then I put an Emad2 on it with the thicker dampening ring and it sounds awesome. It's kind of got a metal-music sound to it, but it's not as clicky.

I love the sound of the kick. I followed a Bob Gatzen technique by pushing down in the middle and loosen the head until you see wrinkles, then tighten it back up again. Then I put an Emad2 on it with the thicker dampening ring and it sounds awesome. It's kind of got a metal-music sound to it, but it's not as clicky.

I checked online and they are still offering these kits at that sick price.. but only in the dark silver metallic finish.
Bob Gatzen is a smart guy. Do you have any sound clips of these drums up on your youtube channel? I just saw just the one and it looked like a Ludwig badge on the rack tom you were hitting. (Blink 182 cover)
Maybe I should just go check. Nice playing BTW.

Last edited:
Interstate music has this kit on the floor in the metallic blue like yours with a 780 HW pack for $549... hmmmm..??

Back