Tinnitus and Magnesium Deficiency

CCdrummer

Started taking magnesium supplements for something else and noticed that my tinnitus was greatly reduced, I would say the perceived volume dropped by about 50%

Did a search on the topic and apparently others have also experienced and reduction, and scientific trials were about to begin.

Try it, can't hurt as most of us are magnesium deficient anyway.

Thanks for that! Hopefully this will help many tinnitus sufferers without any negative side effects.

You want 400 mg of magnesium a day. Top ten highest magnesium foods: Dark leafy greens, nuts and seeds, fish, beans and lentils, whole grains, avocados, low fat dairy, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate.

So a piece of fish, wrapped in spinach, stuffed with an avocado/raisin/walnut stuffing, with a side of oatmeal, and a side of baked beans with chocolate covered bananas for dessert. Yummy!

I never heard this. Good stuff Mr. CCdrummer. I'll have to try this.

Started taking magnesium supplements for something else and noticed that my tinnitus was greatly reduced, I would say the perceived volume dropped by about 50%

Did a search on the topic and apparently others have also experienced and reduction, and scientific trials were about to begin.

Try it, can't hurt as most of us are magnesium deficient anyway.

This is so weird. I started taking magnesium supplements about a week ago myself, makes a huge difference. I started taking Vitamin D, because it's that time of year, but I started getting headaches. It turns out Vitamin D needs magnesium to be converted to a useable form, and can exacerbate a magnesium deficiency. I also noticed an improvement in hearing, and that magnesium deficiency was related to auditory issues in the literature. Just keep eating those greens.

Sounds like a tasty recipe for getting magnesium Larry! These days though I just pop the supplements, three times a day, still seems to be working.

The relief has been much appreciated, hope it lasts. Magnesium is also supposed to have a calming effect and I have also noticed that I am not getting my ass tied in a knot over the little things like I used to. Possibly the placebo effect but as long as it works who cares.

Top ten highest magnesium foods: Dark leafy greens, nuts and seeds, fish, beans and lentils, whole grains, avocados, low fat dairy, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate.

I eat most of those things every day. Magnesium deficiency or not, it's a good core for regular eating habits.

Back