Pearl Snare Drum

J

JPGR

Today I walked into a pawnshop that I rarely go to, I checked out the musical instrument section and found this Pearl 6.5x14 maple free floating snare. It turns out they just put it on the floor this morning, I bought it for $100, sometimes you can get lucky at pawn shops.

Attachments

• 01192000.jpg
    01192000.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 01192035.jpg
    01192035.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Well done Mark....great drums!! I picked one up a couple of months ago and it cost me $300 Aussie.....I thought that was a good deal.

I also have an older (80's) model FF with the hex lugs and snares that extend beyond the shell (always a bitch to tune though and needless to say, it's now waiting to be sold). I've heard a few complaints about the change in strainer etc, but having now owned both, personally I prefer the newer models.

Enjoy!!

Thanks, I use to own one years ago and I remember how good it sounded and I just so happen to be looking for a 6.5x14 maple snare.
I was thinking about buying a Shine snare they had at another pawn shop, but it was $200 and I have no idea how those sound.

Now that's what I call a deal! Wow, superb price. Don't usually see them with flanged hoops though, or maybe I'm wrong. Did all the wood shell ones come with flanged hoops, & the metal ones with cast? I've got a brass shell piccolo (round lugs but the 16" wire model), & that has cast hoops. Either way, a real scoop there, & I'd choose flanged hoops for a wood shell anyhow.

Yeah, you got a steal. I would love to convert mine to a 6.5. Great snare, if you don't like it I will make you a generous offer.

Now that's what I call a deal! Wow, superb price. Don't usually see them with flanged hoops though, or maybe I'm wrong. Did all the wood shell ones come with flanged hoops, & the metal ones with cast? I've got a brass shell piccolo (round lugs but the 16" wire model), & that has cast hoops. Either way, a real scoop there, & I'd choose flanged hoops for a wood shell anyhow.

I think you're right about the cast hoops, maybe the original owner ordered it with flanged hoops or changed them himself. I prefer the flanged hoops on a wood shell as well.

Back