Best Crash-Rider

BassDriver

Silver Member
Yes, which drummer do you think should win the un-official drummerworld.com crash-rider award, interesting to see what kind of music they play and what you listen to.

For me it is...

Tomas Haake (gotta love that driving 4/4 crash line with a polymetric underlining, makes one want to run around and break stuff)

...I was thinking of mentioning Abe Cunningham and John Dolmayan but I just didn't think they could compete.

what exactly do you mean by crash-rider? Some one who uses a crash ride effectively? Or someone who uses a crash as a ride?

Whoever the drummer from Kyuss is.
Or whoever the drummer for The Sword is.

Any sludge/stoner metal really...

Melvins, Sleep, Catheral, etc... and, of course Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)

Most songs by Meshuggah have crash-riding, but it is the other stuff that happens will the crash is being "ride"-ed that is very impressive...

...Alex Van Halen with the award for classic crash riding...an exciting feature of his drumming that has won popularity for him being known to use it.

...I would give Tomas Haake the award for most brutal crash riding...one only has to listen to most of their songs to understand.

what exactly do you mean by crash-rider? Some one who uses a crash ride effectively? Or someone who uses a crash as a ride?

I don't merely mean one who uses a crash as a ride, but who uses it effectively.

Add another vote for Reverend Al.

Back